JB update starting Apr 15th - Official VZW announcement

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Very nice its about time! I like that they continue to improve the phone rather than just update the OS especially the mobile hotspot improvement that was always an issue for me

posd

Reaction score
I am on version .246, rooted. Will I receive the update?

deduct

Reaction score

You will get a notification stating that an update is available. However, you will only know if the update will install successfully when you try. If you get an error and it does not install correctly, use rsd lite on your computer to flash the 246 fxz file to your bionic. Then you will be able to take the jb ota update.

-eclipsed RAZR maxx-

drust

Reaction score

I will find out with you. Whoever gets the roll out first post the answer

Please and thank you

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Finally, I can limp my way all the way to the next google experience phone. The Bionic has been a great device taking everything I can throw at it in the construction field suffering only a broken volume toggle and a cracked screen corner... however it's lack of support from Verizon and Motorola has left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sick of waiting for upgrades or resulting to rooting and manipulation with buggy software and I won't be a victim again. Next stop, Nexus 5!

pistacio

Reaction score
If you love all things root, I would advise not to take the 4.1 update until there is a confirmed root procedure... Just sayin'.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

pistacio

Reaction score

You will get the notification if your on stock ROM, but it will fail if you altered/removed any bloatware or if you have safe strap installed.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
If you love all things root, I would advise not to take the 4.1 update until there is a confirmed root procedure... Just sayin'.

Just use Voodoo OTA rootkeeper it's worked every time for me and I'm pretty sure MotoFail still works on 4.1.2

Reaction score
Just use Voodoo OTA rootkeeper it's worked every time for me and I'm pretty sure MotoFail still works on 4.1.2
I would take his advice... voodoo works great until you have to fxz... then root is gone unless you have a working exploit.

Sent from RAZR Maxx FlyingJelly

pistacio

Reaction score
I would take his advice... voodoo works great until you have to fxz... then root is gone unless you have a working exploit.

Sent from RAZR Maxx FlyingJelly

That's what I meant to emphasize, lol.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
If the Bionic follows like the Droid Razr and the Droid 4 like it has been doing so far.....

Motofail root method will no longer work and you will have to use Razr_blade the same as the Razr and D4 have used. OTA root keeper seems to work for most as well though a few have stated it didn't for them.

4.1.2 was only not root capable on the M and Razr HD...not the Razr, and D4. That has been resolved for those devices as well recently (shortly after their boot loader unlock was discovered).

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

lm2

Reaction score
Wasn't there a concern that JB (even if rootable) would be incompatible with hotspot apps like Foxfi?