JB update on brand new phone need help!

jduale51

Reaction score
Unfortunately, JB is not working... The device will ask to download & install the update, which it seems to actually download, but crashes during the install. If I can suggest visit my thread [TOOL] Easy Root Komplete, in the main discussion post #1, go to step #11. I have posted the JB update, that I am temporarily hosting, anyhow follow the directions that I have carefully laid out. Starting at step #11 is bypassing "rooting" of the device, so your device will continue to be stock, only once completed you will have JB. :biggrin:
So the update that downloaded overnight a few nights ago won't install if I select "install now?" If it'd crash and the reminder go away, I'd quit putting it off.

Last edited:

KaChow

Reaction score
So the update that downloaded overnight a few nights ago won't install if I select "install now?" If it'd crash and the reminder go away, I'd quit putting it off.

There seems to be some mixed responses with the JB OTA download, as I was helping a friend out 2 nights ago, the OTA crashed during upload on me. I would not advise installing it by selecting "install now". If you want the "reminder" to go away, the easiest route is to go into Settings> Apps> All> find: 2 Apps= 1) Motorola Services & 2) Updater and then clear cache and disable the apps, and be rid of the annoying "reminder". In the long run "reminders" run continuously every 12 to 24 hours varying.

OP
mgrande

mgrande

Reaction score
If NFC (or anything) isn't working, return the phone and get a new one! I'd be more worried about everything working properly first then Jellybean.

Her phone is working fine now, nfc and JB are all good. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

snowman

Reaction score
yeah Kachow if you download it it will not install at the moment but if you use a download link it will work

jduale51

Reaction score
There seems to be some mixed responses with the JB OTA download, as I was helping a friend out 2 nights ago, the OTA crashed during upload on me. I would not advise installing it by selecting "install now". If you want the "reminder" to go away, the easiest route is to go into Settings> Apps> All> find: 2 Apps= 1) Motorola Services & 2) Updater and then clear cache and disable the apps, and be rid of the annoying "reminder". In the long run "reminders" run continuously every 12 to 24 hours varying.
Thanks, KaChow. I followed your instructions noted above. That popup screen has not been seen since!