jb update just received on my razr?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So flashing back to the .211 OTA (using the Razr Utility) is similar to a factory default reset in that I will lose all information on my phone (pics & videos)?
Yes, unfortunately. Restoring your phone back to .211 with the Razr Utility will make it just like it was when you took it out of the box. The good news is you'll have a "clean" phone to work from be it OTA update/upgrade or root or whatever. If you are on .215 now and do a factory reset you will still be on .215 when you are finished...factory reset alone will not get you back to stock .211. Doing a restore with the Razr Utility does not wipe your external sd card. So you can save your data to the external sd card or to a PC.

hemdroid23

Reaction score
Something weird, "Check for update not available at this time" try again later. Anybody know what that is?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Something weird, "Check for update not available at this time" try again later. Anybody know what that is?
Don't worry it's not a sign of anything as best we have been able to tell from the past. Verizon has never given an explanation for this response...maybe the server that process your "about phone" request is busy doing something else...who knows.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Did anyone notice the original post was deleted?

Sent from my XT912 running Scalpel CM10 jelly bean

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I also noticed we haven't heard from the original poster in a while. I'm actually happy to see people aren't getting to hysterical over this. I remember when we were waiting for ics, people would go nuts every time a troller posted something about getting it

jaye712

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
No problem. I hope things work out for you. Glad your phone is working good now. If you need help in the future let us know. Lots of knowledgeable users in this forum who can help you out of a jam.

Thanks...n i sure WILL..i been on df for a lil while n everyone is doin a well job,the more i know, the better i can help other ppl..hell,even more knowledge for myself..thanks to the main df folks

jaye712

Reaction score
joshxdroid said:
Did anyone notice the original post was deleted?

I actually noticed that lastnight..interesting lol

joshxdroid

Reaction score
jaye712 said:
I actually noticed that lastnight..interesting lol

My guess is that he got the top secret super jelly bean version, and when Verizon found out he was talking about it, men in black swooped in. He is now in an interrogation room on his way to get a lobotomy

jaye712

Reaction score
joshxdroid said:
I also noticed we haven't heard from the original poster in a while. I'm actually happy to see people aren't getting to hysterical over this. I remember when we were waiting for ics, people would go nuts every time a troller posted something about getting it

Me to josh,Iam whatever with it,iam jst a lil iffy cuz i dont want any updates screwin somethin up lol.like laggy,stuck type of thing.thats what a warranty is for tho lol

jaye712

Reaction score
joshxdroid said:
My guess is that he got the top secret super jelly bean version, and when Verizon found out he was talking about it, men in black swooped in. He is now in an interrogation room on his way to get a lobotomy

I wouldn't dought it lmao

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got a new tablet on Friday, had ICS on it ... upgraded to JB shortly after turning it on the first time, and then of course I rooted it. But the girl at the Verizon store told me 2 weeks ago that it WAS coming to the Razr and Razr Maxx, she just didn't know when. I am waiting until it comes out and others say how it is before taking the leap, since my updater is frozen. :D