jb update just received on my razr?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone confirm if he actually received JB 4.1 on a OG Razr or Razr Maxx?

no, and I doubt he actually did. If had done, others would have gotten it by now as well even if it was a soak test. We would have surely hear of others in the same boat, but we have however not. So far, the RAZR M is the only Moto phone with an official JB build. The RAZR HD will be next.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
no, and I doubt he actually did. If had done, others would have gotten it by now as well even if it was a soak test. We would have surely hear of others in the same boat, but we have however not. So far, the RAZR M is the only Moto phone with an official JB build. The RAZR HD will be next.

That's what I figured. I was getting ready to flash my Razr Maxx back to .211 but will wait until more confirmed reports of a possible JB update.

jaye712

Reaction score
Redsnk95 said:
That's what I figured. I was getting ready to flash my Razr Maxx back to .211 but will wait until more confirmed reports of a possible JB update.

Unless iam readin somethin wrong,i thought that wouldn't be in the way unless ur rooted n u had to unroot to get a update. Whatever it is,i dnt plan to update anytime soon if anything,who knows...if i planed to i hope itll be easy as 1.2.3.4 ,cuz i dnt got a p.c to do it,hopin itll be easy as getin the 215 leak without a pc

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Unless iam readin somethin wrong,i thought that wouldn't be in the way unless ur rooted n u had to unroot to get a update. Whatever it is,i dnt plan to update anytime soon if anything,who knows...if i planed to i hope itll be easy as 1.2.3.4 ,cuz i dnt got a p.c to do it,hopin itll be easy as getin the 215 leak without a pc

I hope you are correct and that I will be able to receive the next OTA update while on the .215 leak. I am not rooted. Nobody really knows the answer to this until the next OTA update is released. I've read both that it will and won't work.

randomwit

Reaction score
Anyone confirm if he actually received JB 4.1 on a OG Razr or Razr Maxx?

There is no official JB for the OG or the OG Maxx yet. I was at VZW on Saturday, and they checked their internal system for it (little friendly with the manager). No go as of yet.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I hope you are correct and that I will be able to receive the next OTA update while on the .215 leak. I am not rooted. Nobody really knows the answer to this until the next OTA update is released. I've read both that it will and won't work.
If the update that comes out OTA is system version .215 you probably won't receive a notification. If the OTA that comes out IS NOT .215, lets say it is .220 then you will not be able to get the update. OTA's look for the latest system version, in this case it is .211. If your phone has a different system version the OTA will not download and install correctly. Just a recommendation... if you are rooted on .211 hen unroot or use Voodoo Rootkeeper and temporarily unroot to get the OTA. If you are on .215 (rooted or unrooted) I would restore back to stock .211 and get the official OTA update even if the official update is system version .215. If the OTA is not .215 then diffidently restore back to .211 and take the OTA.

jaye712

Reaction score
Redsnk95 said:

I hope so too,itll be easy for the both of us if anything,iam not rooted either..215 did the wrk i wanted it to do.better then 211 thats forsure

jaye712

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
If the update that comes out OTA is system version .215 you probably won't receive a notification. If the OTA that comes out IS NOT .215, lets say it is .220 then you will not be able to get the update. OTA's look for the latest system version, in this case it is .211. If your phone has a different system version the OTA will not download and install correctly. Just a recommendation... if you are rooted on .211 hen unroot or use Voodoo Rootkeeper and temporarily unroot to get the OTA. If you are on .215 (rooted or unrooted) I would restore back to stock .211 and get the official OTA update even if the official update is system version .215. If the OTA is not .215 then diffidently restore back to .211 and take the OTA.

Aw mann...so basically without a pc youll be hearin crickets?(if it rolled out,n whatever the version is to get a update(if say:.220 for example)..i hope it stays at .215 lol

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I hope so too,itll be easy for the both of us if anything,iam not rooted either..215 did the wrk i wanted it to do.better then 211 thats forsure
I always error on the safe side. It is always best to have the OTA "official" update on your phone. If you have .215 leak and don't take the official OTA you may encounter problems when the update for the "official" .215 or upgrade to Jelly Bean comes out. It doesn't take much to go back to stock .211 with the RazrUtility. Yes, you will have to save your personal data (pics, music etc) and install all your 3rd Party apps, but you will have a clean phone and official system software on your phone to work from. Anything less is a risk.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Aw mann,i need a better explaination n pls bare with me lol.so basically without a pc youll be hearin crickets?i hope whoever or even knows how to revert bck to 211 without a laptop.(crossin my fingers if i do decide when jb rolls out)
Sorry, I missed the fact you don't have a PC. You may be OK with the leaked .215. Without a PC you can't get back to stock .211...at least I don't know of a way. Keep your fingers crossed...I hope you'll be OK.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Aw mann,i need a better explaination n pls bare with me lol.so basically without a pc youll be hearin crickets?i hope whoever or even knows how to revert bck to 211 without a laptop.(crossin my fingers if i do decide when jb rolls out)
Just a recommendation...without a PC I'd never flash a leaked system software/update. If the flash goes bad, for whatever reason, you could very likely get stuck in a bootloop...or worst. Flashing sounds exciting but it doesn't always go as plan. Without a PC...you are taking a risk.

jaye712

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
Sorry, I missed the fact you don't have a PC. You may be OK with the leaked .215. Without a PC you can't get back to stock .211...at least I don't know of a way. Keep your fingers crossed...I hope you'll be OK.

Its alright,no biggy..I hope so too..i hope somebody will come up with a way without a pc(thats jst wishful thinkin tho lol

jaye712

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
Just a recommendation...without a PC I'd never flash a leaked system software/update. If the flash goes bad, for whatever reason, you could very likely get stuck in a bootloop...or worst. Flashing sounds exciting but it doesn't always go as plan. Without a PC...you are taking a risk.

With that said ill be readin first n searchin b4 i do anything.215(wasnt a mistake) was my first attempt n it wrks like a charm due to the simple fact that my battery was drainin n half my apps didnt wrk with 211..so basically deletin it (.215 dropbox)frm the sd card wont help..whatever the case, i probably have to borrow someones pc,if i can.thanks for some explaining tho jpc,my fingers r DEFINITELY crossed lol

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
With that said ill be readin first n searchin b4 i do anything.215(wasnt a mistake) was my first attempt n it wrks like a charm due to the simple fact that my battery was drainin n half my apps didnt wrk with 211..so basically deletin it (.215 dropbox)frm the sd card wont help..whatever the case, i probably have to borrow someones pc,if i can.thanks for some explaining tho jpc,my fingers r DEFINITELY crossed lol
No problem. I hope things work out for you. Glad your phone is working good now. If you need help in the future let us know. Lots of knowledgeable users in this forum who can help you out of a jam.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
I always error on the safe side. It is always best to have the OTA "official" update on your phone. If you have .215 leak and don't take the official OTA you may encounter problems when the update for the "official" .215 or upgrade to Jelly Bean comes out. It doesn't take much to go back to stock .211 with the RazrUtility. Yes, you will have to save your personal data (pics, music etc) and install all your 3rd Party apps, but you will have a clean phone and official system software on your phone to work from. Anything less is a risk.

So flashing back to the .211 OTA (using the Razr Utility) is similar to a factory default reset in that I will lose all information on my phone (pics & videos)?