jb update failed

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by edon82, Apr 18, 2013.

1. donzz

donzz Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Well, installed Voodoo and tried that and no success. I had to do a factory reset and now I have Jelly Bean but no root. Oh well, I'm due for a new phone next month anyway.

2. RETUSAFNCO

RETUSAFNCO Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm in the same boat. I'm unrooted and I'm due for an upgrade in June. I'm considering the RAZR maxx HD but I don't want to lose my unlimited data...decisions decisions.

3. lgalcarte

lgalcarte Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Will this wipe my phone? OTA update failed so I tried to install through stock recovery. Did OTA rootkeeper and uninstall recovery on SS. Error 7 when I tried to install through stock recovery. I probably need to FXZ stock 246 and re-root. I am not having any problems with my phone currently and don't want to spend an entire day setting it back up only to find out I've lost root. If I will lose all my stuff (settings, apps, data, etc), it just won't be worth it. It's killing me but I'm thinking I'll wait it out until .223 is out like some keep saying and/or there's a root exploit just in case after all this I lose root. That would suck!

I also can't update SuperUser binaries. It goes through the process and at the end it says fail. Can I install SuperSU and uninstall SU? What's the difference?

4. RETUSAFNCO

RETUSAFNCO Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It will take you back too stock.

Search tags for this page
.246 jb update fail
android update makes it about a quarter of the way through and fails on my droid bionic

bionic jb update fail

bionic ota update failed
bionic ota without patch checks
core odex patch
droid bionic jb update fail
droid bionic update failed
jb update on razr starts then fails
ota jb update fails on rooted bionic