jb update failed

milkman5306

Reaction score
I rooted it after the ics update.
Since then using safestrap I have just played with different roms.
After hearing of the jb update I went to open ss as per directions and it will not open. It is not the current version, it's 3.04.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

milkman5306

Reaction score
Yes. I did this just to mute my camera during hunting season. I then found a rom I liked and was using it til recently then switched back to stock slot in anticipation of jb with working Bluetooth.

milski65

Reaction score
Try rebooting phone or pull battery. May have to hunt down 311 ss and see if you can install over it. Haven't heard that one yet. Regardless of wanting to install update or anything else, gotta get that fixed. Can you still boot into ss and switch roms?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

milkman5306

Reaction score
I have done the reboot with no luck but not the battery pull.
Yes i can still go into safestrap and switch roms.
Tried downloading 311 but it counts down to 5 then hangs up

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366415271354.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366415271354.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 213

milski65

Reaction score
Download it from computer and sideload via cable or airdroid. I asked someone about your issue but haven't heard back yet. Try battery pull first

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

milkman5306

Reaction score
No luck on the battery pull. Will try puter next.

donzz

Reaction score
Uninstalled SS still "flashing failed". Anyone got a next step to try? thanks

donzz

Reaction score
Well, installed Voodoo and tried that and no success. I had to do a factory reset and now I have Jelly Bean but no root. Oh well, I'm due for a new phone next month anyway.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I'm unrooted and I'm due for an upgrade in June. I'm considering the RAZR maxx HD but I don't want to lose my unlimited data...decisions decisions.

lgalcarte

Reaction score
If you downloaded .246 from other sources you may have to RSD .246. I kept getting an error 7 code, so I RSD'd .246 from the XDA forums and manually uploaded JB. I have been enjoying it for the past 2 days.

Will this wipe my phone? OTA update failed so I tried to install through stock recovery. Did OTA rootkeeper and uninstall recovery on SS. Error 7 when I tried to install through stock recovery. I probably need to FXZ stock 246 and re-root. I am not having any problems with my phone currently and don't want to spend an entire day setting it back up only to find out I've lost root. If I will lose all my stuff (settings, apps, data, etc), it just won't be worth it. It's killing me but I'm thinking I'll wait it out until .223 is out like some keep saying and/or there's a root exploit just in case after all this I lose root. That would suck!

I also can't update SuperUser binaries. It goes through the process and at the end it says fail. Can I install SuperSU and uninstall SU? What's the difference?