jb update failed

edon82

Reaction score
On. 246 rooted but otherwise stock...about a quarter of the way through just stops someone said delete safestrap so did that and still no go any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Safestrap is your problem.
I am not real familiar with all the ins & outs of safestrap.
Look throught the safestrap tutorial about removing safestrap. There are some additional things you need to do to completly remove safestrap.
After you have safestrap removed completly you will be able to update.

milski65

Reaction score
Did you just open ss and uninstall recovery? Can't just uninstall app. Does no good. Have you updated binaries and protected root via voodoo ota rootkeeper as well. If not you'll lose root

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

PhontomF

Reaction score
I have the same issue and never had safestrap installed

PhontomF

Reaction score
I manually downloaded the JB install so I could see the error message and this is what it says:
assert failed: apply patch check("/system/framework/core.odex")
I'm rooted but I've never modified this file as far as I know. Any ideas?

OP
E

edon82

Reaction score
Did you just open ss and uninstall recovery? Can't just uninstall app. Does no good. Have you updated binaries and protected root via voodoo ota rootkeeper as well. If not you'll lose root

Thats probably the problem... i just uninstalled the app..i went through all the settings before i deleted but there was no option to uninstall recovery

milski65

Reaction score
Thats probably the problem... i just uninstalled the app..i went through all the settings before i deleted but there was no option to uninstall recovery

When you open the app it should give you the option to uninstall recovery.

I just opened ss app. Two prompts. Install or uninstall recovery. I'm pretty positive that's where the mistake was made. Just hang tight. There are people working on this. Hopefully something will come out in the next couple of weeks.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
On. 246 rooted but otherwise stock...about a quarter of the way through just stops someone said delete safestrap so did that and still no go any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

If you downloaded .246 from other sources you may have to RSD .246. I kept getting an error 7 code, so I RSD'd .246 from the XDA forums and manually uploaded JB. I have been enjoying it for the past 2 days.

donzz

Reaction score
Do I have to uninstall SS before flashing this? When I try to flash I get an error saying "flashing failed" in rsd.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
Do I have to uninstall SS before flashing this? When I try to flash I get an error saying "flashing failed" in rsd.

Yes, remove SS but make sure you use root keeper before flashing JB or you'll be without root like me.

OP
E

edon82

Reaction score
When you open the app it should give you the option to uninstall recovery.

I just opened ss app. Two prompts. Install or uninstall recovery. I'm pretty positive that's where the mistake was made. Just hang tight. There are people working on this. Hopefully something will come out in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you very much... that was it!

milkman5306

Reaction score
I can't get safestrap to open, it freezes and says unfortunately safestrap stopped.
Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2