JB problem

GotnFX

Reaction score
Thanks. Just saw a thread on the Motorola community that is devoted to the exact same problem, so it is a problem with jelly bean and certain routers. There is no solution on that thread either so I'm sure people much smarter than i have tried and haven't come up with anything yet. Thanks for all the ideas, maybe someone will come up with something here or @ Motorola. My router is an actiontec gt701-wg

There is no spoon

Just out of curiosity, how did you reset your router? I know most have a reset button or a power button. I find unplugging the router for 20 secs is the best way to do a reset..my $.05.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Actiontec does not list the gt701 wg as one of their supported products. It appears that it must be because the router came from your internet service provider or came with the computer... (they have support for the 701 d here... http://www.actiontec.com/support/#.UUJQjobD8m8 but be aware that is a different router).

All is not lost...you should be able to find support for that router via your isp or the computer manufacturer (whichever your router came from...my guess it is your isp).

Here is something you could also try relating to that router...

http://www.pcwintech.com/wireless-setup-actiontec-gt701-wg-qwest-firmware-0

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

devdeuce

Reaction score
Actiontec does not list the gt701 wg as one of their supported products. It appears that it must be because the router came from your internet service provider or came with the computer... (they have support for the 701 d here... http://www.actiontec.com/support/#.UUJQjobD8m8 but be aware that is a different router).

All is not lost...you should be able to find support for that router via your isp or the computer manufacturer (whichever your router came from...my guess it is your isp).

Thanks for the info. I did get into my router before and change it to wpa with no success, maybe I'll try again.

There is no spoon

illustions

Reaction score
No hotspot no wifi can't even use web browser since update. ..any news on how to fix these issues wth out rooting

Reaction score
I would try it out on a public hotspot or at a friends house to try and isolate if it is just your router. If it works on other routers or hotspots then I would dig into your settings in your router.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

devdeuce

Reaction score

Set it up just like it says and still nada

There is no spoon

jp233

Reaction score
dang deuce you are having a rough go of it. I checked my router and it's WPA & WPA2. But its a Uverse router and only about 16 months old. I had Linksys routers for years of having cable modems and DSL, and I knew that interface like the back of my hand especially since the DSL used to drop in and out all the time. This Uverse router interface is slick though, you can see all the devices that are connected to it, which for me includes all 4 wired devices (2 desktops, DirecTV HD-DVR, Roku) and all the wireless devices (Kindle, Droid, Iphone, 2 laptops). THis router does have an access/blocked MAC list --- I think there are similar settings in the mobile hotspot on the Droid too? I doubt that would have anything to do with it but worth a try.

It may come down to updating the firmware on the router, I remember doing that years ago once to correct some weird connection and speed problems.

devdeuce

Reaction score
dang deuce you are having a rough go of it. I checked my router and it's WPA & WPA2. But its a Uverse router and only about 16 months old. I had Linksys routers for years of having cable modems and DSL, and I knew that interface like the back of my hand especially since the DSL used to drop in and out all the time. This Uverse router interface is slick though, you can see all the devices that are connected to it, which for me includes all 4 wired devices (2 desktops, DirecTV HD-DVR, Roku) and all the wireless devices (Kindle, Droid, Iphone, 2 laptops). THis router does have an access/blocked MAC list --- I think there are similar settings in the mobile hotspot on the Droid too? I doubt that would have anything to do with it but worth a try.

It may come down to updating the firmware on the router, I remember doing that years ago once to correct some weird connection and speed problems.

Yeah, i think there is more going on. Worked perfectly before jelly bean. The person who started a thread on Motorola razr forum has identical problems and he claimed to be proficient in wifi stuff and he can't figure it out either. I think I've tried changing every possible option in the router with no luck. Between all the stuff i have and many visitors with many different devices nobody has ever had any trouble connecting until my razr got the jelly bean. I did find the list of devices connected and the razr wasn't there.

There is no spoon

devdeuce

Reaction score
The easy thing to do would be to just get a new router but problems without resolutions kinda drives me crazy, so even if i got a new one I'd probably still want to know why and I'd be out $

There is no spoon

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
If you're waiting for Motorola for a fix, you may be waiting for a long time. Routers have come down in price. I think it's time to buy a new one.

devdeuce

Reaction score
What fun would that be. Come down in price, but by no means cheap. I don't like being forced to purchase, i like to buy when i want. Time to take advantage of unlimited data and hope for a solution.

There is no spoon

Dingbat

Reaction score
Having the same problems with an Embarq 660. Maxx works fine with other wifi systems.

Anyone provide some router recommendations? Not a gamer. Use Netflix. Use DSL 8.0 dowload speed. Need good wifi range. I hardwire the laptop and TV. I do not secure it...live in the country. Thanks!

DB21

Reaction score
It's been a couple days since I've been able to update. I'm still having the wifi issue. However, after going to the verizon store, I was able to connect to wifi there. Then reporting back to Motorola and going back and forth between them and my landline phone and wireless internet provider, it was determined the problem was indeed an outdated router that was not supported by the new Jelly Bean update. In fact, the Actiontec router I had is not even supported by Actiontec anymore. Motorola suggested getting a router that supported N-technology. That's a little too technical for me and I don't know what exactly that means. Nonetheless, the internet provider is sending me the new router that should be supported. It could be here today, tomorrow or Monday, so until it arrives, I'm just waiting with no wifi. I'll report back when I get it and let you know if it works. Hopefully it does.

Also, the previous question I asked before about Bluetooth has been worked out. I had to go in and remove the previous bluetooth connection in my car and re-pair the phone to the car. Since then, I've had no issues.

OleManDan

Reaction score
When I updated I did a FDR and re-boot.
My WIFI didn't work on either Razr phone I updated.
SCRATCH HEAD.
I went back to ground zero and when I did all I had to do was put in
my routers password in my phone.
(I was making mine needlessly complicated)

Next...
I went to my brother-in-laws and tried to fix his. Problem was ancient router.
I put a new router in line and fixed his problem.