JB problem

devdeuce

Reaction score
Have you tried connecting at a public hotspot? Does the Razr work? When I bought my Razr I had to upgrade my old router for the Razr to work. All of my laptops, DVR, tablets all connected fine, but not the Razr.

I haven't tried that yet, just want it to work at home which it did prior to jb. I'd rather not have to buy a new router. If it worked with ics out should work with jb in my opinion.

There is no spoon

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I haven't tried that yet, just want it to work at home which it did prior to jb. I'd rather not have to buy a new router. If it worked with ics out should work with jb in my opinion.

There is no spoon

Forget the network in the phone, log into your router and look for your trusted devices and try to remove the phone.

It may have saved your phone in ICS and something may have changed with JB.

After doing this, if your router has WPS available, try connecting with this. Go to WiFi settings on phone and press the double arrows on bottom left of screen then press WPS button on router.

Just another thing to try.

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

devdeuce

Reaction score
Forget the network in the phone, log into your router and look for your trusted devices and try to remove the phone.

It may have saved your phone in ICS and something may have changed with JB.

After doing this, if your router has WPS available, try connecting with this. Go to WiFi settings on phone and press the double arrows on bottom left of screen then press WPS button on router.

Just another thing to try.

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

I would try but don't think my router works like that. As far as i know, it doesn't have a trusted device list. Anything can connect to it, just have to enter password. And there are no buttons anywhere on router.

There is no spoon

brobox

Reaction score

There is no spoon

I understand wanting it to work at home, but elimiate the easy things first, try the phone at Mc Donalds, if it works, then it is a router problem. Strange things do happen with updates, everything I owned worked on my old router except the Razr.

devdeuce

Reaction score
I understand wanting it to work at home, but elimiate the easy things first, try the phone at Mc Donalds, if it works, then it is a router problem. Strange things do happen with updates, everything I owned worked on my old router except the Razr.

I do agree with you and do believe that it has something to do with the router and jelly bean not getting along. I just think that since it worked with ics and if enough people have the same problem there should be a fix instead of everyone having to buy a new router.

There is no spoon

devdeuce

Reaction score

You're right, works at McDonalds

There is no spoon

jp233

Reaction score
Sorry to report good news,
but the 98.72.16 update went smooth for me, and everything works (3G/4G, Wifi, bluetoof, etc).

Just like it did on GB, ICS, JB Leak, JB .16 --- taken every OTA from Verizon, never done a single FDR, and it all works luckily.

I also believe that my router at home is using WEP, and I had no Wifi access problems between any of the OS releases.

devdeuce did you login to the router access page? It might be 192.168.1.1 or something like that. Maybe 192.168.1.254 or .255

See what access page you can there, and see what devices may be listed. If it does have a Droid RAZR instance from ICS, maybe that is what is preventing the JB version of the device from connecting.

devdeuce

Reaction score
Sorry to report good news,
but the 98.72.16 update went smooth for me, and everything works (3G/4G, Wifi, bluetoof, etc).

Just like it did on GB, ICS, JB Leak, JB .16 --- taken every OTA from Verizon, never done a single FDR, and it all works luckily.

I also believe that my router at home is using WEP, and I had no Wifi access problems between any of the OS releases.

devdeuce did you login to the router access page? It might be 192.168.1.1 or something like that. Maybe 192.168.1.254 or .255

See what access page you can there, and see what devices may be listed. If it does have a Droid RAZR instance from ICS, maybe that is what is preventing the JB version of the device from connecting.

I did get on the access page but i didn't see anywhere where it had a list of devices. I don't really know what I'm doing, but i looked and didn't see anything like that. Thank you though.

There is no spoon

devdeuce

Reaction score
When i forget my router, the signal strength is excellent then when i put in the password and try and connect the signal drops to nothing if that means anything to anyone.

There is no spoon

devdeuce

Reaction score
I noticed that on my router it says MAC Authentication: disabled and looking on my razr it has a MAC address, could this be the problem? My phone also says IP address: unavailable, is this as it should be?

There is no spoon

devdeuce

Reaction score
If there's anyone still following and trying to figure this out, i got into my router and told it to accept MAC and i still couldn't connect. I even tried typing in my razr Mac address specifically.

There is no spoon

Reaction score
Try getting your RAZR replaced if nothing els worked

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If there's anyone still following and trying to figure this out, i got into my router and told it to accept MAC and i still couldn't connect. I even tried typing in my razr Mac address specifically.

There is no spoon

Devdeuce, sorry for the delay in response. I think we all have given you the simple possible solutions we could think of and are now stuck for new ideas. My guess is the problem is deeper and you might have to start from scratch as if you are first setting up your router. I know when I had this problem (I think it was when my thrive went from honey comb to ICS...which was before my Razr M went to JB, otherwise I may have had same problems with the M), I went to the trouble shooting pages on my router's web site to figure it out and went step by step through their solutions.

Give me the brand and model # of your router and I might be able to find web pages that will help specific to your router.

If it is any consolation, my router is over 10 years old. I had my doubts worrying that I would have to buy a newer router but that was not the case...my old router works fine on JB.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

devdeuce

Reaction score
Thanks. Just saw a thread on the Motorola community that is devoted to the exact same problem, so it is a problem with jelly bean and certain routers. There is no solution on that thread either so I'm sure people much smarter than i have tried and haven't come up with anything yet. Thanks for all the ideas, maybe someone will come up with something here or @ Motorola. My router is an actiontec gt701-wg

There is no spoon

KGreis

Reaction score
I got lucky I don't have any issues with my jb its done everything well no lag when I type I have 4G (turned off ATM) I have WiFi and my screenshot works everything works for me even my batter seems to have improved I've watched two EPs of weeds on Netflix and a video on YouTube that was 9 mins long and barely did a dent. Well done on JB

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums