JB install and affects

Droid 51

Reaction score
My question is if I download the new JB file and flash it myself and just bypass the ota from Verizon will I b able to do any other ota if any in the future or am I just stuck with this until there is a fxz

deduct

Reaction score
The jb build that has been leaked is the official build so if there is ever another update for bionic you will still be able to accept it. I highly doubt bionic gets any more updates beyond jelly bean though.

OP
Droid 51

Droid 51

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure so I guess I will give it a go and wait for someone to do some roms thanks

deduct

Reaction score
Be sure you protect root with ota root keeper before you flash jb

OP
Droid 51

Droid 51

Reaction score
I have tried 2 files and it didn't work but I can't figure out if I deleted anything I wasn't supposed to and I don't think I have so is there a fxz I can do or will a factory reset do itit

OP
Droid 51

Droid 51

Reaction score
I am running windows 8 I download the rsdlite file with no problem the I try and open it and nothing happens it just prompts me to open or save and open and I have tried both several times so now I'm stuck

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I am running windows 8 I download the rsdlite file with no problem the I try and open it and nothing happens it just prompts me to open or save and open and I have tried both several times so now I'm stuck
are you refereeing to installing rsd lite application?
Are you logged in as administrator on you computer?

OP
Droid 51

Droid 51

Reaction score
OK I figured it out but for some reason voodoo root keeper didn't work so I lost root is there a root process out yet

deduct

Reaction score
Bummer dude. Same thing happened to me. I'm researching and trying a couple of things to regain root with eye deas help. I'll post back if I am successful.

OP
Droid 51

Droid 51

Reaction score
I wonder if its because I took the ota or maybe I should have just flashed it my self

deduct

Reaction score
I manually installed the update after trying to use voodoo and it still did not work. It seems as if some of us are not able to update su binary after we updated. I found instructions on pushing the su update to my bionic via cmd on my comp, but, I have not had a chance to try it yet.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can't flash jb file.. its not a flash able file. You'll have to wait for someone to tweak with it or create one. Just install it in recovery

deduct

Reaction score
When you install the update through stock recovery you are flashing it. Just as when you flash a custom ROM in safe strap or bootstrap. Right? Its basically the same thing I believe.

OP
Droid 51

Droid 51

Reaction score
I went through stock recovery but I'm on a new mission now and its my tether app foxfi I was wondering if it was still safe to use because I use it alot