JB and foxfi.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
So what's the verdict. Haven't gotten my update due to a sim card issue, but does Foxfi still work?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Foxfi does work with the S3 and note 2 running JB. It works on both of my S3's and my note 2. Will want to pay for the full version so you can use more than 30 mins at a time but is worth every penny of it.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
You can also install flash player back on your S3 just by going to adobe flash website.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
FoxFi works just fine on my GS3 with JB installed. Using it to post this update. I did end up paying for the application though so not sure if the 'free' version works or not.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
The free version does work but for only 30 mins at a time. If that's all you need it for then the free version will be just fine

Caesars

Reaction score
On the note two, foxfi turns on the hot spot feature, is this ok?

Return of the Android

jgmecarter

Reaction score

Return of the Android

I have not gotten a bill for it. But I am pretty sure that you have to agree to verzions terms and conditions before they can charge you for it

jwilly216

Reaction score
Caesars said:

Return of the Android

It does that on s3, too and it's fine. No charges or anything. Don't worry about it

PatrickJ

Reaction score
Are we sure no charges because I'm sorta nervous when the hot spot is activated.

drpaul07

Reaction score
Saw this thread and thought I'd ask if anyone knows about this weird issue i'm having. FoxFi always worked perfectly for me. Now after the JB update, it does automatically turn on the mobile hotspot (which is fine cuz I actually pay for that, dumb I know). The thing is whenever I use the Mobile Hotspot app, my 4g will completely drop out almost every time I try to click a link or load a webpage or anything. Then when I stop doing anything, the 4g icon will reappear on my phone...then disappear again as soon as I try to do something on my laptop! Its really weird and super annoying. This never happened when I used foxfi. And now that its automatically activating mobile hotspot, my 4g drops constantly. Like it doesn't even switch to 3g, it actually disappears for a few seconds, then will reappear. Anyone ever heard of that or know how to fix this? Thanks. Sorry if this is kinda in the wrong thread.

Caesars

Reaction score
On my razr maxx, when I turned the wifi on I would immediately lose signal strength as well.

Return of the Android