javascript sucks on thunderbolt

MrKleen

Reaction score
Go to Connecticut Breaking News, Weather and Traffic | WTNH.com pick a news story and go down to the comments. Now try to scroll down in the comments itself. You can't. Why? My old windows 6 sch-i760 could 4 years ago, but not my thunderbolt.

Not sure what your issue is but I am not having a problem. My first story I am reading is about the Henry Whitfield State Museum. After the story there is a box that says "share your thoughts" then please share your opinions responsibly... then there are 4 comments to which you can reply to each of them or make your own....

Man charged with carrying a gun... dui.... 40 comments.

How long have you had your phone? You do realize that if the comments do not show in the mobile version of their website you can click on "full site" to view it in it's entirety?

Give it a try... No need to be so hostile about your phone... :) If there is anything else you are having trouble with just ask, there is no need to blame the phone.

OP
T

teikyo30

Reaction score
In the comment section there are about 200 comments. Take a look at it with a computer browser and you'll see what I mean. There's a separate scroll bar for the comment section itself which doesn't show up on the the thunderbolt. On the phone you can only see the first few comments.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Give me a link to an example. Every story I compare to my computer matches. But you are right there is no scroll bar on the phone. I have compared against about 15 stories and they all match.

Don't know if it makes a difference or not but I'm rooted and running a Gingerbread rom.

OP
T

teikyo30

Reaction score
If I give you an example from the computer, the phone will be able to go directly to that comment via the hyperlink. I could do that with my phone, but the point is if there are 200 comments, I want to be able to scroll through them on my phone without having to use my computer first. I had some luck using opera, but firefox doesn't play nice with the phone. It happens on other sites as well. Like try watching videos on the history channel website. It works, but it sucks.

This is one reason I held off getting a tablet like the Transformer: if it behaves like a phone, it'll piss me off. It'll just be a glorified dvd player (minus the dvd drive. lol) and then a laptop would make more sense as Windows runs everything a lot smoother in my opinion. Yes, I have used Linux. I have less issues on Windows.

condray

Reaction score
Is it this phone or just Android? I hate javascripts especially lately on this phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MTBryan

Reaction score
The initial page that comes up is obviously a mobile version of the site. When you click to view the 'Full Site' you can't see all comments?
Maybe you should complain to that news agency that they aren't developing apps to run well on the Android OS?
Either that or try fitting your 4 year old laptop in your pocket?

Sent from my TBolt

OP
T

teikyo30

Reaction score
I already have it set to full site. I never use the mobile site for anything since they suck. So for those of you telling me it works fine on your phones you're telling me you're seeing TWO sets of up down scroll bars? I can't get the second scroll bar to appear in the comment section. A stylus would have been really cool for something like this...

Lepro: This is my first droid, so I don't know yet if it's a common error.