1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

java requirement on aosp

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thinkmega, Apr 11, 2011.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

While building the aosp rom the first time, java 1.5 is required. However, I observed that subsequent build can use java 1.6 after make clean. Why did this happen? Can someone solve this puzzle?

Thanks.
  2. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

not sure what our saying here

froyo was suppose to build with java 1.5 it was hacked so we could build with 1.6 in the file(sorry not on ubuntu and forget name been a while since i have built)

same as with gingerbread it requires java 1.6 and 64 bit os but the file wqas modified so you could build in a 32 bit envirnment.

If your saing you built with 1.5 than all of sudden it used 1.6 the only way this seems possible to me is you are not using google source but cm or someones source where they had changed that file configuration.
  3. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

I check out the source code as per the sticky. It is from google for sure. And I was again able to rebuild the entirety yesterday using 1.6. Maybe ... I should delete *.class in addition to make clean. By the way, I was using ubuntu 10.10/64 and have both 1.5.19 and 1.6.22 installed.

Any other reason why it works with 1.6 on subsequent build?
  4. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

gingerbread?

if you are building gignerbred that it should build with 1.6
    not sure what would of changed .
    there is a command to change the default java.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/46377-how-build-rom-v2-1-a.html

maybe you did that? other than taht i dont know. if your building gingerbread i hadnt heard of it being built on java 1.5 so not sure how it would of.
    if your doing froyo maybe the source was changed to build with 1.6 by default by now.
  5. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

I am working on froyo. I can replicate this easily. When building on the source code the first time, 1.5 is required. To that end, it is consistent with what we are told .... Just feel puzzle why subsequent build can use 1.6 .....