Java issue

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Purchased a Galaxy so that my wife could play Yahoo Bridge and FB Scrabble. The FB scrabble worked without any issue. The Yahoo Bridge is telling me that I must have Jave enabled. I checked the browser settings and Java is enabled.

Any suggestions or recommendations on what I need to do to rectify are greatly appreciated.

Mike

OP
mwhartman

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cory! I purchased an Android tablet because the iPad will not support Flash. Apparently one needs both to be able to do what you can on a PC.

If I can't get this to work it will be going back!

Mike

OP
mwhartman

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
After hours of searching and installing different browsers, I finally accepted the fact that Android will NOT support Java applets. Yesterday, I returned the tablet to VZW. The sales staff who sold it to me were equally surprised, therefore, they split the restocking few ($35 instead of ($70).

BestBuy was great! I had purchased a case, keyboard, and stylus. They refunded my money without question.

OP
mwhartman

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
We decided the next best option a Mac Book Air with a VZW wireless/hot spot device. A little more investment but larger screen, light weight, portable, and it will allow her to play her Yahoo Bridge and FB scrabble