Jarvis - Text 'n Drive Robot - FREE MUST HAVE

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by beastman, Oct 6, 2011.

1. beastman

beastman New Member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  2. REMilk

REMilk New Member

I just watched the video and I was so impressed I installed the Jarvis - Text 'n Drive Robot and tested it.

It downloaded and installed easily. When I started, I was prompted to download and install the Android Speech Synthesis. The description on the market of Jarvis - Text 'n Drive Robot states that is uses Speech Synthesis.

My first test was just sitting at my desk just to see if the 'concept' actually worked.

I started the Jarvis App. Using "Google Voice", I sent the following brief text message to my phone, "Test message send to Jarvis from Google Voice." The message was received and I could clearly hear and understand the message. I sent the following reply "Return message from Jarvis to Google Voice." This was sent and received on my Google Voice account where it was transcribed and the return message was able to be read or heard.

My second test was emulating a 'real world' use of Jarvis, driving with Navigation on my Droid 3.

I went out to my car and started Jarvis, then I started Navigation and set a route. I started the car and turned on the radio. (I have to have my tunes, sports, or Old-Time Radio Classics).

Using my laptop, I used "Google Voice", to send the following brief text message to my phone, "Test send from Jarvis from Honda Element while navigating." The message was received and I could clearly hear and understand the message. I sent the following reply "Return message from Jarvis to [my name] while driving." This was sent and received on my Google Voice account where it was transcribed and the return message was able to be read or heard.

The two changes I would make to the program are:

1. When started, Jarvis control the volume rocker switch control the media volume rather than the ringer volume. Once the message begins to play, volume rocker switch controls the media volume. I would like to set it when the app starts.
    2. That I can be the initiator of text messages with Jarvis, rather than just receiver/responder.

This is a great app dancedroid and helps to promote safety when driving. I also installed it on my wife's Droid 3 after completing the test. It is especially valuable in states where "hands-free" is the law!

It worked so well, I am considering using it all the time, I like it better than 'keying' text message replies.

Great Job!

Bob
  3. adamwhitehead

adamwhitehead New Member

Works very well, scared me at first(voice), but very useful!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  4. beastman

beastman New Member

First of all, thanks for the complete review, it's nice to follow step by step with you and make sure it worked as intended.
    1. I have actually updated the way the audio is played since this post, as a majority of people requested the speech volume be automatically set to whatever the ringer volume is at, for cases where one might forget to disable Jarvis before a meeting/school :icon_eek:.
    2. I will be implementing this very soon, let me just say the Jarvis head will no longer be there just for looks, I will be using that as a button to initiate commands.

Thanks adamwhitehead, I'm glad you find it useful, please rate and spread the word!
  5. REMilk

REMilk New Member

Today, I actually had a chance to use Jarvis. On my Droid 3, I added Jarvis to the Car Dock so it is easily accessible when my Droid 3 is in the car dock.

I was driving from my home to Baltimore, MD, a trip of about 150 miles. My real estate broker sent me a text message asking if a fellow agent could show the house in a few minutes. Jarvis read the message, and I sent a reply saying go ahead and show it and please sell it! She received my reply.

Had I not had Jarvis, I may have missed the opportunity for my house to be shown to prospective buyers today.

Bob
  6. kinger

kinger New Member

I so far think this is a great app, but would like to see an option to auto activate when the phone is placed in a car dock.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  7. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Installed... now just have to wait for a text while I'm driving.
  8. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

Installed it on my original Droid, but nothing is happening. I am currently using Handcent SMS - could that be why? I turned on the notification for the stock messaging app to see if that would make a difference. Both applications did the notification, but nothing from Jarvis. I am running Gingerbread 2.3.5 (SS 5.5) if that makes a difference. Hope that I can get some advice -- this sounds like it could be a really great app!

Edit: Ok, found that in Handcent settings, I needed to change the entry for "Default Messaging application" from "Disable" to "All(SMS & MMS)". I am guessing that this is like the information for the GoSMS application in the description. However, the voice app keeps force closing on me. But, that isn't the fault of the Jarvis application.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  9. 209pcs

209pcs New Member

Absolutely fantastic. This is hands-down one of the best apps for Android, period. It is now a must have app for me and every other Android user I know.

Like REMilk, I sent myself a message using the Google Voice app. Jarvis immediately began to play back the message in half-robotic voice, then offered me the option to reply or ignore. I opted to reply, and my message was taken and transcribed fairly well (it mistook "I found" for 'iphone'). Yes, the ability to initiate a text message would be great, but at the moment it fulfills its purpose within the intended context quite well. The fact that you don't have to take your hands off of the wheel to receive and reply to a message makes this app worth 10 times the asking price.

Hats off to the author, you sir/ma'am are great.
  10. beastman

beastman New Member

This alone justified the time spent creating this app, good luck with the sale of your house!

It’s on the way! Thanks for the suggestion.

Great, I will add this to the description for other Handcent users, I appreciate your tenacity.

Does the voice search app force close when used in applications outside of Jarvis?

Spread the word and lets make the roads 10 times safer! Thanks for the kind remarks. (Sir, by the way :icon_ lala:)
  11. wyveryx

wyveryx New Member

I decided to give this a go and aside from some interference from pop ups from Chomp and the ambient noise effecting the recordings, this thing rocks. I can't wait for a better voice to use with the TTS, maybe something easier to understand, maybe an actual Jarvis!dancedroid

I'd pay ya for this or since it is free on the market where can i donate to this! :rating10:
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  12. JArmandB

JArmandB New Member

How would this work with a bluetooth car stereo? I suppose I would have to make it so media is not going through the stereo.
  13. beastman

beastman New Member

I appreciate the gesture wyveryx but the best thing at the moment for Jarvis would be to simply spread the word!

The intended operation for Jarvis is to speak through the bluetooth radio and accept voice input through the phone's mic. Please install and let me know how it goes, as I do not get much feedback about bluetooth car receivers.
  14. wyveryx

wyveryx New Member

Consider it done! Already have four people at work using this.

I did notice something earlier while using my Jawbone, it seemed the response time was slower for accepting voice commands. It could have been that my jawbone was almost dead, but I dunno, seemed like it needed a few seconds longer to recognize the commands. Pity it would kill the battery to have a program like this awaiting commands. Imagine if you could have it just sit in the background awaiting certain voice commands lol... I know I'm lazy, but still just imagine it, a real Jarvis :)
  15. heatmisr

heatmisr New Member

I downloaded the app to my D1. I love the concept, but I have a problem. It says it's off, but it isn't. It announces my text messages and my phone calls. Even while I am on the phone. Is there any way to shut it off? I don't want to have to put my phone on vibrate to keep it from announcing texts and calls.

Just some additional info:

I am using handcent and I also have announcify. I just checked and announcify is turned on, but I do not have it set to announce anything.
  16. REMilk

REMilk New Member

I would suggest that not only do you turn it off, but make sure it does not show in the Task Bar.
  17. heatmisr

heatmisr New Member

It is off. It doesn't show in the taskbar.
  18. BOA

BOA New Member

Does this work with GoSMS? It's not working for me on my BIONIC. I saw the post about Handscent but I don't see this on GoSMS.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  19. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

This is a terrible app and the op is a despicable human!! Since installing the cursed app my wife has been nagging verbally all afternoon - Don't forget to get bread; Daughter called; Pickup my car and fill it up with gas; Oh btw, get it washed too; Hurry home we're going out to supper tonight; etc, etc. This darned thing has not missed a single message and even got them right the first time. I was going to uninstall it, but after mentioning that to my wife I got a text from her informing me I would be beaten to death in my sleep if I did. So I guess I'm just stuck with this crap!!

Seriously OP, this is one of the best apps I've ever put on my phone. I've been an Android nut for almost two years now and have installed a lot of apps. Most end up getting uninstalled as the "new" wears off - not this one. I drive a lot, fish a lot and this app is now part of my life (such as it is). I will spread the word too.
  20. Al Neri

Al Neri New Member

I loaded this 3 times and every time I do when I go to open it there is no app installed. Bionic running 2.3.4. Is anybody else having this issue?
Search tags for this page

jarvis bluetooth

jarvis pro

jarvis pro apk

jarvis pro apk free download
jarvis pro apk torrent
jarvis pro for free download
jarvis pro texting and driving robot
jarvis pro texting robot apk download

jarvis texting robot

jarvis texting robot apk download

jarvis texting robot pro apk