Japan crisis

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by taylorgangordie386, Mar 15, 2011.

1. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    another lesson, the pacific oceans currents point away from Alaska, it would hit cali then maybe Alaska ... lol

2. mikemosquito

mikemosquito New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    x2 what he said.

I'm stationed here in Japan and man, it's been rough out here.

3. piquat

piquat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bolded the important part. Between us, the russians, the French etc., there wasn't a "test nuke", there were "test nukes". Almost 2000 of them actually. In addition to that, every last bit of radioactive material from every one of those tests was scattered into the environment (under ground, under water, doesn't matter). In this situation, only a fraction will be lost to the environment (hopefully).

The Russians were working with a graphite moderated reactor with basically NO containment. Different situation.

4. mikemosquito

mikemosquito New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IIIII HAAAAAVVE THE POWERRRRR!!!! Wait. What I really meant to say was: Power restored. So glad the $250 in groceries we had just purchased last nite didnt go to waste. It was a clear improvement to feel the shakes on the 2nd floor vs the 8th floor. No swaying. What sucks is that TODAY was supposed to be the day that our stuff from TX gets moved in. That's been temporarily postponed to Monday. We are safe and well.

Cliff notes:
    omfg what a nite
    it was midnite and our cell phones have an Earthquake warning built in. They both went off and my wife n i stood still in anticipation
    n then the apt ****ing rocked the **** out
    omg we all stood by the doorway and sophia was in her crib passedout like a log LOL
    she slept thru it
    n then we lost power
    we just got power back on a minute ago :icon_ banana:
    we had just spent $250 in groceries last nite too.

5. Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We r all turning into X-mean! OMG

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

6. rudydroid

rudydroid Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hmm, where have I heard time, distance and shielding, before. perhaps where I also heard dilution is the solution.
    worked 6 years in navy nuclear power, 11 years in navy civilian nuclear power, and a year in commercial nuclear power and have been exposed to radiation as part of the daily routine in all of those jobs, though no more. I quit.
    I'm not worried in the least. I live in the southeast desert of california, but I wouldn't worry if I lived in alaska or hawaii.
    I would not want to be anywhere in northern japan.
    if I were elsewhere in japan I would remain as far from the affected area as humanly possible, though I would not go to japan for any reason because of the logistics problems: xportation, food, water, electricity, etc.
    to the poster with the daughter over there, it's highly unlikely she'll be exposed to anything more than normal background radiation (from the earth, cosmos, building material and people).
    having said all this, I feel quite sorry for the japanese workers fighting the problems at those nuclear power plants. they're doing things I used to do.

rooted, on liberty 2.0.1, slightly oc'd