Jakemods/jakesmods

Stevetx1989

Reaction score
I read a few posts on here about something called jakesmods or jakemod jakemods. From what I think I understand it has some sort of governor to help with batter life or make it faster. Not sure if it is a rom by itself or can be used in combination with another. Liquid 3.1 is burning up my battery pretty quick. So, I was looking for something to change that. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
Stevetx1989

Stevetx1989

Reaction score
Well, my phone died on 8-9 hours but I read others were getting better life using jakesmods or another.

Mike Lazaga

Reaction score
Has anyone tried v16 of Jake's mod?

OP
Stevetx1989

Stevetx1989

Reaction score
Nope. Gotta figure out how to install it.

OP
Stevetx1989

Stevetx1989

Reaction score
Just as you would with a rom? Any need to clear cache data and galvik?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just as you would with a rom? Any need to clear cache data and galvik?

well... you can clear cache and dalvik... if you want... but it's not necessary... and do not wipe data...
yes... you flash it just like you would a rom... but all you have to do is flash it... you don't need to wipe anything... but like i said just about this line... you can wipe cache and dalvik...

OP
Stevetx1989

Stevetx1989

Reaction score
What exactly is in the cache and dalvik? Also, last time I tried to just back up my rom, before it even loaded in clockwork it was stuck in bootloop. Not sure which program I used. Think I should use boot strap or rom manager?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What exactly is in the cache and dalvik? Also, last time I tried to just back up my rom, before it even loaded in clockwork it was stuck in bootloop. Not sure which program I used. Think I should use boot strap or rom manager?

Those are the caches the phone uses to run and put stuffs in to pull up apps faster so it doesn't have to reload the app every time...
And last time you tried... Your were on liquid and you used bootstrap?
If so that was your problem... Liquid already has bootstrap built in... so use either rom manager/toolbox or recovery boot into the power menu

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

OP
Stevetx1989

Stevetx1989

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I used rom manager to make a backup. It then got stuck in a bootloop. Didn't install anything else. Thanks for the info on the cache. I was wondering which was which, though.