Jailbroken Iphone 4 vs Rooted andorid

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNC

Reaction score
I see a lot of Android Fans listing everything they like about the OS, yet Apple fans are not coming up with a list......

I would like to see a list of things that the IPhone can do, that the droid can't.

Better apps such as;
Ladida, MLB at bat, ESPN Radio, Washington Post, SF4, Metal Gear
MUCH smoother
MUCH better battery life
Better music player
Better video player
Video editing (real video editing)
Best support possible (let's see you find a HTC or Motorola store)
No early obsolesence due to OS version

Is that enough?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
bigsapz and czerdrill, cmon y'all. No need to argue, make your point and move on!!!

Disagreeing with each other in such a vitriolic way makes you both look equally bad!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
bigsapz and czerdrill, cmon y'all. No need to argue, make your point and move on!!!

Disagreeing with each other in such a vitriolic way makes you both look equally bad!

i'm just toying with the kid...like a moth to the flame i believe is the appropriate description of his behavior...but yeah i'll stop haha

B

bigsapz

I see a lot of Android Fans listing everything they like about the OS, yet Apple fans are not coming up with a list......

I would like to see a list of things that the IPhone can do, that the droid can't.

Better apps such as;
MUCH smoother
MUCH better battery life
Better music player
Better video player

Is that enough?

So that's 3 things: Some apps, video editing and a store. Right?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score

Better apps such as;
MUCH smoother
MUCH better battery life
Better music player
Better video player

Is that enough?

I think I listed way more than 3....

All the apps are better. 1
The support is better. 2
The native media players are better. 3
The battery life is better. 4
The OS is much smoother. 5
Video editing. 6
No early obsolesence. 7

That's 7 right there....

I could also say; better resale value, better form, less intrusive, better quality control..... etc

beavis29290

Reaction score

Better apps such as;
MUCH smoother
MUCH better battery life
Better music player
Better video player

Is that enough?

What more do you want ? Besides better apps and better graphics... I said this before the iphones camera and camcorder run circles around my droid x. The droid x won't even play most of the videos recorded on my iphone 4

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

i'm just toying with the kid...like a moth to the flame i believe is the appropriate description of his behavior...but yeah i'll stop haha
That's very unfriendly behavior. Just let the rabid fans in both camps froth and foam and rant. It doesn't hurt anyone, just their feelings. :)

And as an overall warning, swearing, insults, and flames are not allowed on this forum. Infractions will be issued if this continues. Keep it family friendly or keep it off the forum.

Also, any and ALL iPhone threads should be taken to an iPhone forum. iPhone Forum

Thank you one and all for your cooperation.

OP
T

tsitalon1

Reaction score
I disagree about putting this in the iphone forums because this is a thread comparing the features/abilities that would be lost if switching from Android to iOS.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I disagree about putting this in the iphone forums because this is a thread comparing the features/abilities that would be lost if switching from Android to iOS.
I agree with your point, but the problem is too many rabid fans in both camps and it degenerates into an insult match.

Way too many immature people online. ;)

A better way to go about this is to ask what you can do with a jailbroken iPhone over on an iPhone forum, then researching what you can do with a rooted Android phone. There's a LOT more you can do with a rooted Android phone, BUT a jailbroken iPhone might fit the asker's needs more.

Oh, and I disagree with the iPhone doing everything better, but I don't disagree it's an incredibly solid piece of hardware and software. For a lot of people, that's enough and just what they want.

To the OP; to answer the question you actually asked, no, if you hate iTunes you're locked into using it on the iPhone, more or less, and while the benefits of jailbreaking an iPhone are numerous, it pales in comparison to what you can do with a rooted Droid. However, if you're not exploiting the full benefits of what you can do with a rooted Droid then you might be quite happy with the options for a jailbroken iPhone. Again, though, you're stuck with iTunes and the craptacular sync time 16 or 32 GB of data transfer will engender.

In the long run look at the upcoming phones in both camps and see if one fits your needs. But research! Nothing like getting locked into a long-term contract with a phone you find you hate.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was going to just close the thread for cleaning, but I think the subject matter is volatile and may have run it's course. So with that this thread is now :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.