jailbroke?

HowardZ

Reaction score
Hi,

My son has an iPhone which he jailbroke and can get all his apps without paying for them.

Now, since I have been writing apps for Android phones, I wonder if this "mod your phone and never pay for an app" exists on android phones?

I hope it doesn't.

Regards

Ben_J_H

Reaction score
You don't even have to be rooted

Its horrible.... I buy ALL them...... Thats what liscense checks are for

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
Hi,

My son has an iPhone which he jailbroke and can get all his apps without paying for them.

Now, since I have been writing apps for Android phones, I wonder if this "mod your phone and never pay for an app" exists on android phones?

I hope it doesn't.

Regards

like said before it is possible. You can download free apks of any app online. License checks help but can normally be cracked. Only one I havent been able to crack has been SPB Shell 3d (just closes after 15mins after cracking). Not sure why. good luck with your app though.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
The biggest worry shouldn't be "are people paying for my apps?" The biggest worry should be are my app(s) worth paying for? Just like on a PC some people will pirate apps/games no matter what. Worry about whether or not you're giving your paying customer base what they want. That way you may actually get some that do pay for it and will continue to support you. Also remember that the non-paying app users are a much smaller percentage than the potential paying ones. It's kind of like looking at the number of people that inhabit these forums(thousands) vs the millions that are clueless about anything that we do here.

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
I am using the Google license check system, and proGuard.
Both come with the Eclipse/SDK system.

Maybe I should readup on that SPB shell 3d?

My apps are for the Boston, and Washington DC subway systems, and I only charge the price of a coffee.

Howard

SniperDroid

Reaction score
Howard, I get my coffee every morning at the local Speedway for 99 cents. If I wanted your app, I would pay the buck for it. If you buy your coffee at Starbucks then allot of guys are gonna try to steal the app. Providing it's an app they want. We don't have a subway system around here....

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
If its good it will sell. The 10% who steal and spend time on here will not make a dent vs. The ones who just buy apps that are cheap and good. Make it cheap and it will sell great. I normally don't crack and steal them but $15 for spb shell 3d made me wanna

Sent from Rezound

JRParsons

Reaction score
Personally, if the app is bug free and meets a need, i will pay for it. $1 - $10 or more. Of course I won't pay if there is a cheap or free viable alternative (you listening SPB). I use the Boston subway and would probably pay up to about $10 for an app that works EVERY time. Unfortunately, from what I understand, the line I use the most does not support sending signals to an app.
I think the amount of people who steal apps is probably below 1%.

(I pay $2.50 for my coffee)

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
What he said. I tried cracking spb to give it for free to others once I paid 15 for it and it was abandoned with no care about bugs from devs. Make a good app that works well and it will sell. Simple as that.

Sent from Rezound