1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by pastachef, Oct 28, 2009.

1. pastachef

pastachef New Member

Hack-ability is extremely important to me. Is it going to be possible to jailbreak the device to unlock its full potential? I'm currently using an iphone and i would have thrown it out ages ago had i not been able to jailbreak it so i could use it how i wanted to.
  2. Droid

Droid New Member

Did you know the android plat form is mostly open? Google only regulates the extremely important factors such as internet access to prevent viruses. Thats why everyone wants android phones to be "with google" The droid will be very hackable but Google allows so much coming from an apple phone you won't be disappointed.
  3. pastachef

pastachef New Member

well, verizon might try to wield their banhammer on certain apps, such as voip over 3g.

also, am i going to be banned if i inquire about app piracy?

EDIT:
    I emailed verizon a while ago asking about this stuff, here is their reply:

thank you for your email and interest in Verizon Wireless. I have great news on all fronts in regards to the Android. No application or feature will be blocked on the Android. We will be allowing Google Voice and VoIP. Once example of an application that will not be available on the Android will be our VZ Navigator, the Android will be pre loaded with Google maps with audible turn by turn directions. When we say this device will be open source blocking any service or feature would be contradicting ourselves.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  4. Droid

Droid New Member

Didn't you hear? Verizon will never bring the banhammer on ANY major phone such as storm 2, every droid, and palm pre.
  5. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

I don't think google would have partnered with verizon if they were going to do such. I know they have done so in the past, but on an most open sourced phone, even if they did lock things, it would be very simple to get around them.
  6. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

yeah, from what i understand, verizon actually has VERY little to do with the android phones.. which i think is good. you should be able to do anything the device is capable of without hacking anything.
  7. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

At this point, I think every carrier except AT&T is ready to really take the plunge and do whatever it takes to combat the iPhone.

Just like most music sellers are ready to do whatever it takes to combat iTunes. They are tired of getting their asses kicked by Apple.
  8. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Well music sellers have a problem on their hands, because most people now adays don't want to buy a whole CD. They only want to buy the songs that they think are good or that they want. Thus the digital music stores have opened up. With much success apple itunes store actually is decent or what it does. Unfortunately i don't like how EVERYTHING has to be done through itunes, it's more of a henderence then anything else. Just like how all iphones had to be activated by itunes (as we saw the kick off of apple and no one could activate their phone or it would take hours to get an answer). Amazon's music store and i forget the other 1 or 2 major digital tune stores, aren't doing that bad either.

I would however fully agree that everyone that doesn't have the iphone on their network is trying to bring out the next iphone. It has brought a heck of a lot of money to at&t and what have they done with it, not much. They could have easily done a lot to get their infrastructure up and going to support the people that bought their stuff, but they have not. I have a feeling once the contractual agreement between apple and at&t wears off, or apple starts bringing out other phones, at&t will have a huge problem on their hands, since most of the people I know that have them complain that the network is the first thing they would switch/fix with it.
  9. aster1

aster1 New Member

would it also be possible in some way, that we could use Droid with any carrier as we can with the jailbroken iphone.?:confused:
  10. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

i'm not sure yet, but I think it's a CDMA device. where as as Storm and IPhone are GSM or GSM capable. Short answer is if you need a GSM enabled device to put your SIM card in. If this phone is CDMA only (I haven't figured that out completely) then no it work on GSM networks. Now it may be able to be flashed for Metro PCS, but who wants that :D
  11. Sam

yup CDMA only.. no GSM on the droid.
  12. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

There have been rumors flying around that at&t will also be getting a moto droid to add to it's collection that will be GSM. So in that case it would be more "world friendly". Would have licked to see this phone have both, but such is life.
  13. aster1

aster1 New Member

14. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

I hope it comes to America especially AT&T. The more competition the better it is for the consumer. Plus I hope it destroys the IPhone. Coming to thier network would certainly have an impact on it :eek:.
  15. Sam

oh yeah, this is true. i meant the one you get from/for verizon will not be GSM compatible..
  16. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

That was the only good thing that they did with the storm / storm 2 was have both GSM / CDMA on the phone. Wish they would have just did it with the droid then they wouldn't have had to come out with 2 phones. Somehow though i'm thinking this was in part due to verizon. They probably wouldn't sign a contract agreement unless it happened so they could guarantee that verizon would be the only company with it.
  17. garrett

garrett New Member Theme Developer Developer

to be quite honest its most likely going to be a international GSM device. meaning it would need to be unlocked to work in the states and then it most likely would not work on ATT or TMO 3G.. kinda like an unlocked storm or Tour. it will work on ATT and TMO but there is no 3G capeability just EDGE.
  18. seanlyons12345

seanlyons12345 New Member

question

is there any way to get the moto droid to work with a tmobile sim card???
  19. seanlyons12345

seanlyons12345 New Member

is there anyway to get the moto droid the use a tmoblie sim card???
  20. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

That would be a Motorola Milestone. But I'm not sure it'll do 3G on T-Mobile's frequencies.
Search tags for this page
droid incredible jailbreak
droid jail break
droid jailbreak
how to jailbreak a droid
how to jailbreak a verizon android
how to jailbreak droid 2

how to jailbreak droid incredible

how to jailbreak verizon droid
jail break driod
jail break verizon droid

jailbreak droid