I've tried, but no more Bionic

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Signal Strength meter problem. Again it does not matter how big or small, they responded. We have had almost nothing from Moto on our problems.

They didn't fix anything actually, they just changed to way the meter looked visually on the Gnex, to display "less accurately". They haven't actually fixed the radio where it can achieve the same data speeds as the Bionic, Razr or Rezound in real world testing. And It may be coincidence, but this radio issue has happened with every Samsung Android phone I have came in contact with. Google/Verizon has yet tom release an actual fix for the poor data connection issues in the Gnex.

I agree though, Idk why Moto is taking so long to release 901, the 901 leak fixed everything single one of my problems, the 893 update was pretty good too.

cbrmike

Reaction score
In a perfect world companies like Moto would stay in touch with the end user by supplying information on product's they make through websites like this one (how hard would that be) but as I said before it's numbers at the end of the day be it the Bionic, Razr,Razr Maxx, Bionic 2 3 or 4 the end user equals quarterly revenue happy or not. If Moto would back one phone and stick with it like apple just imagine how good it could be.

I'm content and happy with my Bionic now on 901 and just hope that future OTA updates dont screw things up again.

SMGriffin

Reaction score
How exciting! I was so psyched about my Bionic and it's been trouble, trouble, TROUBLE! :frown: I emailed Verizon (after dealing with NOOOO data connection since the update) and that was 2 days ago. I finally went into the Verizon store and they couldn't explain my phone's issue. (after popping a new Sim card in, assuming that would fix the problem). I am getting my first replacement phone on Thursday. Ugh. Let's hope the problem is fixed!!! Best of luck to you! :biggrin:

don_droid

Reaction score
How exciting! I was so psyched about my Bionic and it's been trouble, trouble, TROUBLE! :frown: I emailed Verizon (after dealing with NOOOO data connection since the update) and that was 2 days ago. I finally went into the Verizon store and they couldn't explain my phone's issue. (after popping a new Sim card in, assuming that would fix the problem). I am getting my first replacement phone on Thursday. Ugh. Let's hope the problem is fixed!!! Best of luck to you! :biggrin:

Untill moto releases their fix, I doubt getting a replacement will help.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. :frown: But what else can I do???

Verizon will eventually give you a different model phone (don't settle for a lesser phone though). Especially if you are a forceful with them and tell them you are going to go to AT&T. Its easier over the phone rather than in person with a rep. Tell them that they are not providing the service that you are paying for.

Good luck. My Bionic works fine. I am on the 901 build.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

SMGriffin

Reaction score
Bug up their butt...

Verizon will eventually give you a different model phone (don't settle for a lesser phone though). Especially if you are a forceful with them and tell them you are going to go to AT&T. Its easier over the phone rather than in person with a rep. Tell them that they are not providing the service that you are paying for.

Good luck. My Bionic works fine. I am on the 901 build.

Oh, I plan on being a bug up their butt. I've had the phone since October (Will NEVER buy a "New" model phone without waiting to see how many/what kind of bugs it has...but my Droid was almost dead....man I miss it. :frown:) I've kept quiet and put up with it until now, hoping the automatic updates would fix the problems as "promised". But now I've had it with my $600 paperweight. I never thought I'd utter the words, "I should have gotten an iPhone." but I have because of my stupid Bionic. I used to work in customer service, so I know if you pester long enough, they'll give in. I plan on being nice about it, just a pain in the butt. :biggrin:

And what is this 901 platform people are talking about and how can I get it?????

CBMGGM

Reaction score
The 901 build should fix a lot of the problems you are experiencing. There is a soak test 902 out currently. I'm on 901 stock no root and my phone is working flawlessly. I would advise backing up your data; do a factory reset; then apply the patch. Hardware will have fewer issues this way. Just Google 901 Bionic update; you should no problem getting all you need :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

CBMGGM

Reaction score
You will also need to be on 5.893 OTA for 901 to update on your phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just be aware that 901 is not official. It was accidentally pushed to some people but is not an official update yet. There is no way to go back to official update path unless you are rooted. Idk why Moto hasn't officially released it yet.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Just be aware that 901 is not official. It was accidentally pushed to some people but is not an official update yet. There is no way to go back to official update path unless you are rooted. Idk why Moto hasn't officially released it yet.

Wrong. There are several threads proving u can get back to upgrade path. Fastboot files been released.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
And what is this 901 platform people are talking about and how can I get it?????

Here's what I did to get .901. And as CBMGGM said, you have to be at OTA 5.5.893 for this to work. Some of this you may have done in the past; this was gotten for a newbie.

You can get it from Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip. Be sure you have the Motorola drivers installed from USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA on your PC.

1. Go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging."
2. Plug phone into computer.
3. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the other is Removable Drive (SD-EXT).
4. Put the downloaded file on the root (ie main area) of SD-EXT (not internal storage). No need to change the name or extract it.
5. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your computer.
6. Power phone down
7. Reboot into stock recovery (adb reboot recovery) by holding Power and Volume Up/Down at the same time.
8. When the robot appears, press both volume keys in at the same time.
9. Select “apply update from sdcard” using the volume keys, then Power to initiate it.
10. Using the Volume keys, choose the file that you downloaded above, press Power and let it load.
11. When the install is done, press Power. It'll reboot, but it'll be longer than normal (a few minutes)

Last edited:

debrad0307

Reaction score
OK... I had read every post on here and I have read all the moaning and groaning about the data issues and how Moto needs to fix the phones and blah blah...
Simple concept here... Google.com, there are fixes for the data issues.
If you are THAT unhappy with your phone, sell it or take it back and go get a different one.
In a "Perfect" world NOTHING would have issues.
This goes for phones, computers, internet, TV's, Xbox, Wii, Playstation...
So why are we not complaining about stuff like that?
I am 100% positive that any issues you are having with your Bionic CAN be fixed BUT YOU have to take the time to research the issue and fix it yourself...
If you don't want to fix it yourself then I suggest going back to a basic flip phone.
Even the "wonderful" iPhone has issues... go visit their forum
:r_c: