I've tried, but no more Bionic

MrToneBonez

Reaction score
So after recieving my third replacement bionic and attempting to deal with unstable data and a load of other issues Verizon has offered me a way out. I was offered the thunderbolt, charge, revolution, razr or rezound, I opted rezound. Im over a locked bootloader and bloatware. Although being a bionic owner was short and sweet, I am glad to have a different device for the reminder of my 14 months.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the Rezound...definitely hope the experience is better for ya.

don_droid

Reaction score
After our bionic experience who can trust moto, good choice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

billcows

Reaction score
This is my last moto for sure

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I wish it was that easy for me... I've finally given up and started putting some money together to pay full price on something by April if nothing here changes... my bionic functions just fine as a piece of crap bloat phone only using one side of a dual core processor... but that's not why I got it … I got because Motorola made a statement about unlocking bootloaders by the end of the year.... feel like a sucker... won't happen again

OP
MrToneBonez

MrToneBonez

Reaction score
I agree I will not purchase another motor device unless the bootloader issues are cleared up. Before you spend all that money on a device maybe you should try calling haw and negotiating a swap.

Reaction score
All I know is, I started second guessing and hating myself when I saw that the Razr is now the same price as the Bionic. Plus the fact I got the Bionic barely less then a month ago. If I had waited maybe 2 weeks, I could have gotten the Razr :mad:

HOWEVER, I do love my Bionic :D

deduct

Reaction score
Wow! What a depressing thread! My bionic runs great on 901. I honestly would not trade it for any other phone out right now. To each his own I guess.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

joshmiddle

Reaction score
I'm holding on to to mine for awhile. Havn't had any issues si.ce the last update. I'm a bit bummed about the bootloader. All in all happy with bionic.

don_droid

Reaction score
I did not get 901, so no idea if it will help. I guess in my mind it moto and vzw job to make my phone work. If they will not fix it than I will take my money some of where else.

down1plus2

Reaction score
I love my Bionic, but even after installing the 901 update service still drops often. Not to mention 4g hardly ever works and im in downtown Phoenix,AZ area.

cbrmike

Reaction score
Wow! What a depressing thread! My bionic runs great on 901. I honestly would not trade it for any other phone out right now. To each his own I guess.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

+ 1
imo the Bionic is still the best phone out from verizon.

WA_Bob

Reaction score

+2 - I'm rooted on .901 I haven't had any problems since applying that update myself - either stock with bloat frozen or on Eclipse 2.1. Moto hardware is still the best and, while I'm bummed about the boot loader still, I just don't see anything in Verizon's stable right now that excites me enough to jump ship. dancedroid

bbtkd

Reaction score
My Bionic is bone stock, while my son's is rooted - though otherwise stock. No show stoppers here. Though we've had the black screen of death and 3g/4g confusion, this is still an excellent phone, at least the way we use them and where we use them. We do have LTE here. I realize others may have different situations, and may have had bad phones - but a lot comes down to expectations. I've been in the computer industry for 35+ years and realize that to have non-boring technology means that there will be issues. By the time all of the issues are worked out, it's just boring outdated crap. If anyone remembers the Treo debacle, patches were slooooow in coming, bricked phones, and by the time they got out a working patch (which never seemed to address the most glaring issues) the Treo was being replaced with the Centro, and it went the same way. Compared to the Treo/Centro we have it pretty good. I believe that many of the issues are the tower firmware, not the phone - and there have been reports of vast improvements in some regions.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I have a love/hate relationship with my Bionic. When it works, it works great, when it doesn't, it's just a phone. I'm tempted to trade for the rezound. After the last update helped right away, it started dropping data again. I am hoping the next update fixes everything.