I've got the blues...

jeems

Reaction score
Just updated to GB today and I want to vomit every time I go to use my phone. I hate the new theme/colors whatever you want to call it. Did they test this at all? Am I the only one who hates it?

So is there any way to change this other than rooting or going back to Froyo? I wasn't planning on rooting, but this may make me do it. Anyone have a link to a guide on rooting and installing new roms or do I just need to dig through.

Beka27

Reaction score
If you did the official ota update, it's not rooted yet. All you can do is sbf back to froyo. Do a search for droid x 2.2 sbf...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
I love the new look. Blue is really nice. All the themes that I've ever used were blue so it a perfect fit. Love gb.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I love the stock blue look. I've been on it since first week of April and I still am so impressed. Nothing on Froyo got me this fired up!

Reaction score
Me two. Gb gave me a new phone. Best thing I ever did was take the update. I don't even miss being in roms anymore. As long as my phone keeps running this good and quick I will never miss roms.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yea, quit being weird! j/k. Go back and get the rooted version of GB. Then you can change the phone to literally any color combo you want!

*edit: soon you will be able to anyway. Once more roms and themes come out for .596

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to the rooted .595 leak. Its basically identical and runs great. ZombieStomped has some good themes, like Seeing Red, Stealth (black), dark passenger (gray/black) etc.

Plus its faster and better battery life

sent from my ZombieStomped X

porpoise hork

Reaction score
only thing i dont like about the GB ui is the powder blue/white txt popup notifications.. if its on a white background and i dont have my face smashed against the screen i cant read the fricken thing..