I've got a serious, serious issue here ladies and gents

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
...well, not detrimental to the hardware, i just dont want to sleep on the couch again.

So I rooted my girlfriend's X a while back (maybe 6 months ago) and recently wanted to update her phone to 2.2 (I'd say about 2-3 months ago). At the time she was running Rubix, and I wanted to update to JRummy. So I went through the steps and everything, got it up and running, and she decides she liked Rubix better. So, a few minutes later I had installed a fresh install of Rubix (I didn't want to run it from a back up, she wanted a clean version). This is where the problems begin

At first, she would get one boot-animation followed shortly by the second animation from the [now uninstalled] jrummy rom.

Over time, the phone has steadily acted up a little more

So, fast forward to today (and to the problem at hand):
I would like to completely wipe the phone, take it all the way back to stock, then root it again, and installed the latest most up-to-date Rom there is (gingerbread 2.3 is fine, 2.3.5 not necessary but it would be nice). Can someone point me in the right direction; I've looked around these forums a bit and I'm having trouble finding a straight clear cut answer concerning this.

Final question: Whats the most up to date ROM out for the X at the moment. Brand is not important, but the more features and stability included the more shes going to like it.

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

thedead04

Reaction score
This is what I use to SBF back to stock froyo:

Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

Works like a charm. Then I would root, look into the 2 part pre-rooted gingerbread, flash that with Droid 2 bootstrapper, and then get Liberty GB 0.8. That is a very stable, very customizable, amazing rom imo.

Good luck.

Reaction score
I'd go with Liberty GB. Here is a complete guide to SBFing, data wiping, rooting, bootstrapping, installing rooted GB and installing the Liberty ROM:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-1-stock-apex-cm7-etc-any-rom-liberty-gb.html

None of the other ROMs support all of the phone's hardware (HDMI works in Liberty, not in most others.)

The aforementioned post details two methods of SBFing: The Linux boot CD method and the Windows method. Personally I'd try Windows first because I don't have to fool with boot settings or burning a CD. But that's just me.

Good luck!

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Why don't you just try stock gb with no roms? Its simple and it is easier to work with. but if you don't like that try cyanogen mod it is very nice

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Thanks all!

So I was following some of the links you guys posted for me. I followed a link in a post that lead to this post:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...stcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html#post1149917

Think I can just run this on the phone, then take it from there? If so are there any requirements (I didn't notice any in the thread) like must be running something.something.something before using.

Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Maderstock won't fix your problem. You need to SBF. Again, I recommend following the directions provided in a link in my previous response.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try Liberty or Apex. ZombieStomped and Darkslide also work with HDMI.

AOSP is alot faster and smoother, but doesn't support HDMI. Its way better IMO.

CM74DX