ive finally had enough and called VZW

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let's be real here.... should an end user be required to flash radios to make the device function properly?

Should they? No. But with Verizon holding up the update process, you have to wait until they decide to push it out. Every other nexus device has seen Jellybean and a radio update. Even the Yakjuxw version...sad.

The signal drop issue primarily affects the LTE version and each update has included new radios that improved on the problems each time. Verizon just slacks on pushing the updates. If you want a phone that works like it should, unlock and flash the radios. Not doing so because you shouldn't have to, does nothing to remedy your problem and makes you more bitter about the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ih8iphones

Reaction score
Thats sucks dude at&t is giveing me free upgrade to iphone 5 i been through 3 skyrockets and 4 galaxy s3 don't get me started on the galaxy note.wait for the iphone 5 to come out and stay away from android too many problems.

Sent from my R800at using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thats sucks dude at&t is giveing me free upgrade to iphone 5 i been through 3 skyrockets and 4 galaxy s3 don't get me started on the galaxy note.wait for the iphone 5 to come out and stay away from android too many problems.

All your phones had radio issues?

Got my launch day Nexus and not a single issue with the radio, just keeps getting better and better with every update.

ih8iphones

Reaction score
All your phones had radio issues?

Got my launch day Nexus and not a single issue with the radio, just keeps getting better and better with every update.

Yeah very low signal had to switch apn alot and i tried 5 radios for the skyrocket the best was ucalc4 band data was good except for calls, drop calls alot on the s3 was the screen brightness issues and battery didn't hold a charge,and galaxy note the screen went dead after overheating even my 30 dollar xperia play from ebay lasted longer than of the phones i have owned.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah very low signal had to switch apn alot and i tried 5 radios for the skyrocket the best was ucalc4 band data was good except for calls, drop calls alot on the s3 was the screen brightness issues and battery didn't hold a charge,and galaxy note the screen went dead after overheating even my 30 dollar xperia play from ebay lasted longer than of the phones i have owned.

Guess you got no luck with Samsungs. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Apple event tomorrow, so hopefully you can get your free iphone5 sooner that later. Good luck:)

ih8iphones

Reaction score
Guess you got no luck with Samsungs. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Apple event tomorrow, so hopefully you can get your free iphone5 sooner that later. Good luck:)

Lets hope its good but i rather go with android i hate itunes crap. Galaxy note 2 is comeing to carriers anyone here gonna try it out.

captdroid

Reaction score
Domestic violence said:
Let's be real here.... should an end user be required to flash radios to make the device function properly?

Yes we are talking Verizon here

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Awesome, i love my razr maxx, motos build quality and radios are pretty much some of the best out there in the android world.

Sent from My Droid RAZR MAXX with Tapatalk.

OP
Domestic violence

Domestic violence

Reaction score
They gave the me the choice of a GS3 or the Maxx. I didn't want to pay for a battery/cover for the S3 and honestly lost faith in Samsung phones due to this... so I chose the Maxx. I'm sure I'll enjoy the battery life and signal improvement.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hope that Maxx works out for ya. The SG3 is a very nice device with a pretty significant improvement over the Nexus radios, before the JB radios at least.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The Jelly Bean leaked radios have made my nexus hold signal/data perfectly.