ive been attacked by hackers

harrellj

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
K

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
i don't know what google did about it, other than removed the app.

Last edited:
OP
K

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
i just read the article and now i have some relief. i think i'm gonna go home and reformat my whole laptop too just incase

korp

Reaction score
Most likely what happened was your computer was compromised by a virus of some sort, and they got your hotmail login info from there. I HIGHLY doubt it was due to an app on your phone. Scan your computer with a quality antivirus program.
Agreed ... more than likely it was on the computer not the phone.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
i just read the article and now i have some relief. i think i'm gonna go home and reformat my whole laptop too just incase
Try running MalwareBytes Antimalware from Malwarebytes instead. It's free for non-commercial use and it's an awesome program. I just used it today to get rid of about 6 Trojans on someone's computer -- and I don't mean condoms.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
An app won't have access to your email password unless you enter that password into it. Android is linux.

lowboy

Reaction score
Most likely what happened was your computer was compromised by a virus of some sort, and they got your hotmail login info from there. I HIGHLY doubt it was due to an app on your phone. Scan your computer with a quality antivirus program.

+1
Happens all the time.
Facebook is the worst I have heard of. Every time I get on there I get a blocked attack notification.

TurboTech

Reaction score
Haha this reminds me of mp3 cites in the late 90's....lots of users and not a lot of bouncers...Use at you're own risk untill this **** gets sorted.

OP
K

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
Getting info stolen from smart phones is real. It can happen and hackers will do it.

I formated my comp so I know its clean. Changed my passwords so we'll see how it goes.

EbE404

Reaction score
I checked all the apps that seemed to have fishy permissions and uninstalled them, but how are you suppose to know this before you dl.

BEWARE OF WHAT APP YOU DL

When you install an app, a message comes up that tells you exactly what permissions the app is going to use. If an app gets an update that modifies or adds permissions, auto-update will not work, you are forced to do a manual update and again, a message tells you exactly what permissions are going to be used.

If you are not comfortable with the permissions, you click the cancel button and walk away.

Android is doing its best to protect you and let you know what is going on, but if you don't read those warnings, well...

Your last message is very appropriate-be careful what you download, pay attention to the permissions and treat your security in a similar manner as you would on your computer.

KevinJ

Reaction score
The Original Poster said it was his Hotmail account that got hacked. That has happened to more than one person I know who still uses Hotmail. And of those people I know, none of them have Android phones. In fact, they don't have smart phones at all.

And now, they have all dumped Hotmail for something else (which I did years ago when I got my first Gmail invite).

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let's keep this OT.....