I've about had it with verizon in cali

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by godofwar, Sep 23, 2011.

1. godofwar

godofwar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've sent back 8 d 1s because of signal issues I can't keep a signal in whittier ca and I've rooted and changed the baseband several times can't keep out of the dreaded 1x b.s. or keep a signal period now I need some advice people is there anything I can do to fix this maybe send more power to the antena somehow or any other ideas thanks.......steel driod 8 and using peter alfonsos basebands I've used them all but is there 1 in specific that works best in so cal
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm in Pomona and I have all bars all the time. It's how far from a tower, not Verizon, per se.
    There happens to be a tower a block away from me. :)

3. godofwar

godofwar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya I have gresat service in pomona and ontario and el monte its just whittier where I work

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    This. I live less then a block from an ATT store but yet when I had ATT I dropped calls all the time. The majority of the time I was on the phone with customer service because they constantly screwed up our bill. Since the switch to Verizon about 5 months ago, I dont think I have dropped a single call so far!

Do any of your colleagues use VZW? This way you can verify if it is the phone or just a weak signal area. However, if you have been through 8 D1s, chances are the problem is simply coverage area. That and the fact you get coverage every where else, is also a pretty good indication that the phone is not the problem. The chances of 8 D1s being at fault is possible, but highly unlikely imo.

5. JRParsons

JRParsons Active Member

Ratings:
    +42
    I'm on the other coast, but I agree, it is most likely a signal/tower issue. I live at the bottom of a hill. If I walk 100 feet up the hill, I get great signal, but at my house it Sucks. If you want to spend a little money. VW offers a network extender. Hooks to your computer, you'll have great calls and 3G coverage. (No 4G) you may be able to talk them into a discount if you threaten to switch to another carrier.