iTunes Movies on the Droid

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I know that you can sync your iTunes with the Droid..has anyone figured out a way to succesfully convert to the right format, and play iTunes movies on the Droid?

solideliquid

Reaction score
iTunes movies have DRM, so you can only view them on iTunes, iPods, iPhones, Apple TV, etc.

jetway1122

Reaction score
It is possible but takes time, a program called tunebite can remove the DRM and and even compress the files in the mean time. I do this for my bold atm (waiting for the Canadian release of the milestone). The program basically rips from the screen and the quality is near perfect(does require to watch the whole movie), I didnt notice a difference and Im almost done converting my whole library of digital copies. Hope that helps, the site is Tunebite: Start , the software is not free though.

D

dvdcatalyst

It is possible but takes time, a program called tunebite can remove the DRM and and even compress the files in the mean time. I do this for my bold atm (waiting for the Canadian release of the milestone). The program basically rips from the screen and the quality is near perfect(does require to watch the whole movie), I didnt notice a difference and Im almost done converting my whole library of digital copies. Hope that helps, the site is Tunebite: Start , the software is not free though.

Thank you for mentioning this. I'm aware of quite a few over-priced recording apps that do not really work that well, but did not know about Tunebite. I had a look on their site, and based on it's specifications (and the lack of typo's on the website,. which is a dead give-away on the other apps) it does look like it will do a better job.

While it's still a dubbing-application, it offers enough tricks to actually be able to produce high quality files.

jetway1122

Reaction score
No worries :)

I wouldnt call myself a media expert, but I do put my self in the computer guru section :). I have used other applications and they did a poor job but I was really impressed at how well tunebite converted the videos. I had open both files (the orginal and converted) and was shocked to see no technical differents (to the naked eye) and no audio sync issues.

But your right the best way is to just rip the movie from the disc but currently I dont have a blu-ray drive in my computer so this is working out for myself.