Itunes like App for Droid

Reaction score
Found it!! It's called iSyncr. Available in the market. There's a free version. It works. I downloaded the full version after testing the free version.

I've got it paired with mixzing for the music player.

ANybody use btunes? Is it worth it?

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Found it!! It's called iSyncr. Available in the market. There's a free version. It works. I downloaded the full version after testing the free version.

I've got it paired with mixzing for the music player.

I just installed isyncr too. Have you used it yet? I will try to sync it with my itunes tomorrow

robyr

Reaction score
I am just going to take this time to have an extra special geek moment.

My Ubuntu boxes sync with my Droid perfectly. I use a program called Banshee, a sort of iTunes alternative for Ubuntu. Sync's playlists, podcasts, you name it. And if Banshee isn't your cup of tea, there is Exhaile, Rhythmbox, Amarok etc etc.

This is actually the first time I think I can concretely say that this is an unequivocal victory for Open Source and Linux in general.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled program. (Oh, by the way, I can sync over Wifi, too. :p )

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Motorola media manager let's you sync the droid straight with your itunes library is free in the motorola web page

At motorola.com?

I googled motorola media maneger and came up with all these wierd sites

HERE the direct link motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Software/Motorola-Media-Link-US-EN

thanks for the help. I found it. Only problem is it will install the drivers, but thats it. It said all the drivers were installed correctly, but there is no icon to run the application. There is an icon in the program files in the motorola folder that says "app". I assume you can click this to run the application, but when I do nothing happens.

Reaction score
Media link stats automatically only when you connect your droid. Mine would never instal the drivers though. Just did nothing.

And yes I did use isyncr. It works. Imports music AND playlists.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Google Music will bring an iTunes-like experience to your phone, but frankly I don't see why the stock Android "Music" app can't just be like an on-board iTunes that lets you browse, search, and download music and subscribe to podcasts automatically through Wi-Fi.
It certainly can but it's not just a matter of coding the app. The infrastructure behind it all also has to be in place.

Sorry to say but this is where my Android phone falls short of a Iphone. If Google would come out with a music app for your computer and phone that will sync well with any other music you have on your computer and be able to search for music on your phone too.
This is one of those areas where the users fall short. Google doesn't have to provide every solution out-of-the-box. Is your PC worthless because it doesn't ship with all the apps that you use?

That said, I would agree that for the average consumer, it would benefit Android to have such a solution included with the Android device. However, I don't see how they can just offer "universal support" as you're suggesting.

Have you checked out the Applications forum? It's discussed there.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
There is still the problem with DRM music though, getting around that is hard as concrete.