It's ugly

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the "plain" look for the front, it's like high end flat screen TV's, they're always straight black with a very faint logo at the bottom.

I call it elegant =P

labguy

Reaction score
I have a thought that should satisfy everyone: if you like it the way it is, don't change it. If you don't like it , go to walmart, get a glue gun and some rhinestones and make it as pretty as you possibly can. There, now everyone can have a relaxing day.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
YOUR WORDS ARE UGLY!!!!

jk I like the minimalist look to the gnex. No buttons, no logos, just a big beautiful curved screen

Am I the only one who is extremely disappointed with how the galaxy nexus looks? For being the flagship Google phone I was expecting much better. They need to take some pointers from Sony and Apple.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
I wasn't trolling, lol let's be clear on that. I just wanted to see everyone's opinion on the topic. I think one of you guys said it best, I was also expecting a ferrari but instead got a Ford focus (more disappointed than you). Also, plain can be beautiful, just look at the GS2 .

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the "plain" look for the front, it's like high end flat screen TV's, they're always straight black with a very faint logo at the bottom.

I call it elegant =P

Oh I'm not saying anything is wrong with plain but some could argue that it doesn't stand out in anyway.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it stands out because of it's simplicity. No buttons, no logos, curved screen, I'd say it stands out because it doesn't look like a decorated nascar hood.

Obviously it's a taste/opinion thing, but to me, something that isn't flashy is what I tend to gravitate to. The Razr to me looks childish because of the extra flare they gave it with the kevlar and weird angular style, not to mention the verizon logo that's almost on top of the touch buttons.

Htown315

Reaction score
Its kinda like a black dress shirt with a subtle grey and black tie vs a red hoodie with taz on it and velcro sneakers.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wasn't trolling, lol let's be clear on that. I just wanted to see everyone's opinion on the topic. I think one of you guys said it best, I was also expecting a ferrari but instead got a Ford focus (more disappointed than you). Also, plain can be beautiful, just look at the GS2 .

OP if you prefer the look of the gs2 wait until around spring and you should see a vzw version if rumors remain true.

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to try and wait a little after the GN launch just to see what may come out after but id love to have a GS2, thank you for the heads up.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

You really calling the Nexus a Ford Focus? Common =P

It's more like an Audi R8.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually I think it will be more like the galaxy note (that will probably branded on vzw as either the galaxy fascinate hd or galaxy s2 hybrid)) which is a little bigger.

I am guessing on names but this phone would be nice if it got vzw branded

[video=youtube;kA-8ya2mscQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA-8ya2mscQ[/video]

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Note looks a bit too wide for me personally. I think the Nexus gets away with it because it's nearly the same width as the GSII, but a little taller.

The Note looks like it would be beneficial in the field if you didn't want to carry a tablet.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
key word is probably...but I could be wrong and we just see the normal sgs2. I guessed sgs2 note so vzw can almost justify the laster release given other carriers had sgs2 release in the fall and vzw will be later than them,

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;b61Rrna5RaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b61Rrna5RaU[/video]