Its possible... I'm not sure... but I MAY just do the unthinkable...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I can't come up with 3 reasons on why to buy one.....

I'll keep my Archos 7 :D

OP
myz06vette

myz06vette

Reaction score
Okay, I've gotta share.. this is probably the sweetest thing I've figured out so far --

Using the wifi tethering app on my Droid, the iPad will tether to it so I essentially have an iPad 3G, without the extra price tag, without the extra monthly service charge and best of all, without AT*T!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey OP, just like anything else, you do what's good for you, no one else.

If that's what you wanted, craved, etc. No big deal to me.

Now of course, remember that your Droid can see everything you do, and may respond accordingly hehehe :)

Seriously, look at how many pre-ordered the thing without even looking/playing with it beforehand? Amazing that people have that much $$$ to throw around. (I'd say the same with the N1, how can someone just go by what they read, etc. for that kind of purchase?)

I play with my gear beforehand, did with the droid, not so much with my current laptop, because I knew the specs and the great price I was getting it for (plus, a PC is a PC, OS, etc. if you know the hardware, then you also have an idea of how it will run)

I say Enjoy your new toy!

OP
myz06vette

myz06vette

Reaction score
Just had to post this video now that its finished processing.. wifi tethering to the iPad... one of the many reasons I love my Droid!

[video=youtube;noZb-Wn4418]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noZb-Wn4418]YouTube - Tether iPad thru Android for iPad 3G![/video]

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is there a way to make the icons smaller? Seems a waste with 4 across....

Sal

Reaction score
Just had to post this video now that its finished processing.. wifi tethering to the iPad... one of the many reasons I love my Droid!

YouTube - Tether iPad thru Android for iPad 3G!

Totally awesome! Me so jealous.

Tethering coolness aside, I want the ipad to be my new e-reader. The kindle looks so old school next to the ipad's color, book-style reader. How heavy is that thing though. Can you see yourself holding it up for a couple of hours of reading in bed?

pepsi149

Reaction score
look into the smart qv7.....boots ubuntu...android ..and wince....and its only like 300 bucks...with a ton of stufff

erich93063

Reaction score
Navigation has stopped working after update.

sorry ignore this. i posted in the wrong spot

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like your a rich boy who likes wasting money ha

Brookstone

Reaction score
Sounds like your a rich boy who likes wasting money ha

So buying something you like is a waste of money?

So just go for it! iPad comes with a nice build, so cool features and a full weight of Apple behind it. In fact, from Mac PC to iPhone, Apple never disappoint its fans and their pennies, I believe iPad also.

RemyL75

Reaction score
It's only a waste if you don't get anything out of it. Personally I would have gone with an Android tablet, or even better, an Android Tablet that looks like an iPad (yeah I know I dislike Apple that much lol). As long as he's happy, then it's not a waste.