Its possible... I'm not sure... but I MAY just do the unthinkable...

myz06vette

Reaction score
I think I might buy an iPad in the morning.

Please forgive me, Android Gods.. my Droid will still be my number one companion.

tktouch12

Reaction score
go for it. but honestly, it seems to me like a huge waste of money. i have internet everywhere (droid) and i have an ipod touch. this thing will have hulu and netflix, but its a big ipod touch honestly.
anyway have fun with it :) and btw, it will be much better if you jailbreak it (once someone (devteam?) figures out a way to jailbreak it)

OP
myz06vette

myz06vette

Reaction score
I know.. it does seem like a big iPod touch. And of course, I have internet on my Droid and my macbook.. and on my macbook tethered wifi thru my droid when I'm on the road... it just seems like a cool way to store, access and share media.. videos, pics, and music. I doubt I'd use it for internet a whole lot... come on, it claims to have the "ultimate browsing experience" but doesn't even support flash! So that browsing experience will be reduced to this: The Flash Blog The iPad provides the ultimate browsing experience?.

But, I like the features it does offer. Who knows.. I may get it, use it for a week, then realize I hate it because I've got such high standards from Android. But, it will definitely be jailbroken and customized as much as possible once that is an option.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
I can see your desire for a tablet, but why get the expensive dirty apple?

There are lots of better tablets out their for cheaper that do not have as many limitations as apples.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I like apple products, I just like the droid better. That being said, I feel like the first generation ipad is def not worth what they're charging for it. However, I could see it being relatively cool come gen 2 or 3. The android tablets I've seen though look pretty sick

tktouch12

Reaction score
i understand if you have (what like $600, $700?) bucks lying around it would be cool, but i'd rather spend it on something more worth it.
when i gets jailbroken it'll get tons better though

superglen99

Reaction score
Why not get the hp slate which has all the stuff the ipad.lacks? Looks to be coming out in june :)

pyro6128

Reaction score
I think the app store is the major draw for most people in respect to the ipad, since it doesn't do anything new that hasnt been around for a long time. My mom has had a tablet laptop for the past couple of years that would absolutely trounce the ipad in every way imaginable except thickness. But people love apps, and people love the apple app store. A lot of people will buy the ipad over alternative tablets strictly because of the apps they can get for it.

OP
myz06vette

myz06vette

Reaction score
The apps are part of the appeal for me, sure. But not reason enough to buy it. I have a love affair going on with Android anyway. Which is why I called it the "unthinkable"... makes me feel like I'm cheating on Android.

We don't have an Apple store where I live, so I'll be buying it from a Best Buy. And I've got the premium silver reward zone thing, which gives me a 45 day unconditional return policy and no restocking fee. So, I'll throw it on my Best Buy card, try it out, and if it sucks @$$, just return it..

I wanna know more about that WePad that runs Android. There's basic specs, but not a lot of info actually out there yet, let alone a release date and price.

OP
myz06vette

myz06vette

Reaction score