1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

It's OUT!!! X-Plane 9 Mobile in Market!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by Dave12308, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

For those of us flight sim fans, the X-Plane 9 app has FINALLY hit the Android Market. >30MB apk size; but installs to SD card on Froyo. Guess their "Market issues" were the 25MB APK size limit in the older versions of the market, plus I am sure Laminar Research is much happier with the 15 minute return window vs. the old 24 hour window.

Just loaded it up and played it quickly, reminds me of the iOS versions prior to the iPad/iPhone 4 versions. Not exactly up-to-date; but we have to consider that the app has actually been ready for months. Finally a REAL flight sim for our phones.

Price is a bit steep at $9.99, but all of the iOS versions have launched at that price.
  2. azpilot

azpilot New Member

Sweet might have to check this out

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. SEGA

SEGA New Member

Nice, good to see games utilizing the 50mb lift.

More to come.
  4. xtremecanefan

xtremecanefan New Member

Nice! I didn't think I would see this for another few months the way there were talking about it. Can't wait to see how it looks on my galaxy tab!

Just tried it on the tab. Takes some getting used to but managed to land without much trouble.

Anyone know if the multi player is cross platform? I know you gotta be in the same wifi connection but would like to play with friends who have iphones/ipads.
  5. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I'm pretty sure the multiplayer is cross-platform, but i'm not 100% sure and can't seem to Google an answer.

As for the delay, I talked to the guy who does Android development for Laminar Research, and the increase from 25MB to 50MB for maximum APK size is indeed what allowed them to finally release it. The app is pretty much a direct port from the iOS version, hence the size of the APK. Apparently the app is coded as tightly as possible, and up until now the APK was still over the maximum size since it exceeded 25MB by quite a bit. Thank goodness they made it app2sd compatible.
Search tags for this page
9mobilemarket
x plane 10.apk

x plane 9 android size

x plane 9 apk torrent
x plane 9 app cross platform?

x plane 9 mobile

x plane 9 mobile forums

x plane9 full frwe .apk torrent

x-plane 10 apk

x-plane 10 apk android

x-plane 9 android torrent