It's officially time to welcome a few new cities to Fiber

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nats.jpg

I for one am happy that Google has officially announced the latest cities to begin construction of Google Fiber. There was a press conference this morning in Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte, and Raleigh-Durham where Google reps made it official. So if you are in one of those cities, you can get ready to receive high speed internet! To get an idea what to expect as far as pricing check out our 'Is Google Fiber Worth It' thread.

If you are in one of the newly announced cities give a shout out and let us know how you feel.

The next potential cities on the list will be San Antonio, Texas, San Jose, Portland, Salt Lake City, and Phoenix. Good luck to those cities and hopefully you guys are able to join the movement.

Source: Google Fiber Blog

Last edited by a moderator:

Beardface

Reaction score
The countdown to kicking Time Warner Cable to the curb has officially begun.

To be honest, I'm actually more happy that there's a legitimate affordable alternate to TWC and their overpriced garbage with faulty outdated equipment and customer service that legitimately doesn't give a damn, all while annually increasing their rates because they can.

realged13

Reaction score
Hopefully they can branch out Charlotte and Raleigh and meet in Winston-Salem where I am.

BenRx

Reaction score
YAY! Raleigh here. Not sure if I will want it, but is a nerdgasm to have it coming here.

BenRx

Reaction score
Ha... although I don't remember where I heard it, I don't think I invented it. Steal away.

As far as Google Fiber. 5/1 is less than I want, but I don't need 100 up and down either. So I don't think I would be interested unless there is something like a 30/5 for a small fee.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
PORTLAND!!! BLARGH!!! dangit google, why not seattle... if I was moving back to PDX now, not 4 years from now I'd be happy.. but now... hopefully this makes it to seattle in the next year, I'd love to try it

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
PORTLAND!!! BLARGH!!! dangit google, why not seattle... if I was moving back to PDX now, not 4 years from now I'd be happy.. but now... hopefully this makes it to seattle in the next year, I'd love to try it
Portland has become a Tech leader. I lived there 8 years ago and they were in the process of completing free wireless in all of downtown.

PDX and SEA have tradeoffs. No sales tax in PDX, no state tax in SEA.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Portland has become a Tech leader. I lived there 8 years ago and they were in the process of completing free wireless in all of downtown.

PDX and SEA have tradeoffs. No sales tax in PDX, no state tax in SEA.
I'm from portland (SE in Milwaukee) and moved to Seattle when in the military (actually tacoma area)

part of the reason I want to move back to portland is I still have tons of friends there. the hipsters are making it difficult to want to move back, however I still prefer OR over WA.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm from portland (SE in Milwaukee) and moved to Seattle when in the military (actually tacoma area)

part of the reason I want to move back to portland is I still have tons of friends there. the hipsters are making it difficult to want to move back, however I still prefer OR over WA.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I lived in PDX for 7 years. Lived in the Pearl.. It's an awesome city.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I live just outside of Kansas City MO and Fiber still hasn't gotten to me. So unless you live right in the heart of everything where your metropolis is, don't expect to be getting Fiber anytime soon.