tdperry

Reaction score
OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
coldRAZR said:
If you're on the Everything Shared plan with Verizon, the mobile hotspot feature is free of charge now, limited only by your data cap. That is unless you're still on a grandfathered unlimited plan...

I am a Verizon vendor, so no Share Everything for me...yet. plus, I do have unlimited

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score

tdperry

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the approval for the forum, so thanks for sharing. I won't be able to grab it until this evening though.

No problem, and it will be there for a while. ;)

Tapped from my Verizon locked bootloader S III

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Here is the link to the discussion forum:Droid Razr Utility 1.81 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr/maxx Only! - DroidRzr.com:icon_ banana:

No need to register - just read the information. I have uploaded the latest utility to my dropbox account and you can get it here (it's about 1.7gb in size):
http://db.tt/NyLURo2R

tdperry, we actually have a stickie in our Driod RAZR Hacks section here (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a.html) with links to the files necessary and all the instructions. No need to send our members to a "competing" forum!! :biggrin: Matt L. Groff is a Developer (and creator of the Droid RAZR Utility) in good standing on our forums and participates there and on other threads as well.

Reaction score
Root your phone and then get a SQLite Editor and modify your settings db and use the built in one for free. That's the main reason I rooted my wife's MAXX and my son's MAXX. :D:p
I think it is around 87 or so and is called entitlement check. Change the 1 to 0 (zero) and now you have free tethering.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Can you give me detailed instructions on how to do the hack for the hotspot? I am already rooted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks. I am still on Gingerbread and plan to be for sometime. Will it still work?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes it worked on my Gingerbread before going to ICS ... but in GB the "entitlement check" is on line 150, but that video is 100% accurate and to the point. It's easy as pie :)