it's official, I dislike FoxFi...

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The last two days, we have been without Internet connection at my house. Two days ago, I connected with FoxFi with no problem and had it going for about 30 minutes or so. Then that evening I could not get it to work again. Yesterday morning, same thing, it would not connect, even after numerous rebooting. Last night, once again I was able to connect, after a reboot. This morning, unable to connect even after rebooting multiple times and changing the Hotspot name after each reboot. Sense a problem here? For this reason alone, I'm considering just paying for the mobile hotspot!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have read somewhere that if you toggle airplane mode that makes it work.

tdperry

Reaction score
The last two days, we have been without Internet connection at my house. Two days ago, I connected with FoxFi with no problem and had it going for about 30 minutes or so. Then that evening I could not get it to work again. Yesterday morning, same thing, it would not connect, even after numerous rebooting. Last night, once again I was able to connect, after a reboot. This morning, unable to connect even after rebooting multiple times and changing the Hotspot name after each reboot. Sense a problem here? For this reason alone, I'm considering just paying for the mobile hotspot!

Root your phone and then get a SQLite Editor and modify your settings db and use the built in one for free. That's the main reason I rooted my wife's MAXX and my son's MAXX. :D:p
I think it is around 87 or so and is called entitlement check. Change the 1 to 0 (zero) and now you have free tethering.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
tdperry said:
Root your phone and then get a SQLite Editor and modify your settings db and use the built in one for free. That's the main reason I rooted my wife's MAXX and my son's MAXX. :D:p

You lost me on how to do that, lol. I am not sure how to root with the Maxx, as I had an X2 previously, but I would imagine it's similar?

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Try going to settings>apps>FoxFi>clear data>force stop, then try it again.

When I first started using FoxFi, it would do the same thing as yours. Sometimes it would tell me to use bluetooth. I also stopped re-naming it and its been working steady now for the last month.

Good luck!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You lost me on how to do that, lol. I am not sure how to root with the Maxx, as I had an X2 previously, but I would imagine it's similar?

It's so easy to root a Maxx ... it can be done in 2 minutes with Matt's utility. Then get the SQLite app and that takes one minute and a reboot. Then you can enjoy the Mobile Hotspot app. :icon_ devil:

tdperry

Reaction score

Do a search (Google) on droidrzr utility 1.81 and it should show a link at the droidrzr forums. Join, download and enjoy rooting you phone VERY easily. The utility also has the ability to unroot, flash back to stock ICS and a few other toys. Just be sure that you extract it to a directory off your c:\ drive. I use a folder called \root.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Only time I have problem with foxfi is with my wife's Kindle. It will keep dropping and reconnecting over and over. Works perfect with my hp laptop running win7.

coldRAZR

Reaction score
If you're on the Everything Shared plan with Verizon, the mobile hotspot feature is free of charge now, limited only by your data cap. That is unless you're still on a grandfathered unlimited plan...