It’s Official: Flash Coming in Froyo

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes! i cannot wait to watch hulu (when im too lazy to turn on my computer :) )

Unfortunatly HULU might not work with this. I mean yes, hulu is flash but there is much more to it, so I am thinking it's possible that sites like these, netflix, may not work even when flash is installed... No one will know till its tried, but thats my educated guess...

As for flash.. get going ROM developers, we need this before them! Ha.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It was confirmed it would be coming at the end of the year. Froyo will probably come at the end of the year.

Therefore this is not anything new.

spillner

Reaction score
I hope this means we'll be getting the Slingbox app as well since Sling and Adobe are working together on this.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Re: It’s Official: Flash Coming in Froyo

It was confirmed it would be coming at the end of the year. Froyo will probably come at the end of the year.

Where was this confirmed, all signs point to May 19th. I haven't read a single article saying end of year though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Big Cam

Reaction score
yes! i cannot wait to watch hulu (when im too lazy to turn on my computer :) )

Unfortunatly HULU might not work with this. I mean yes, hulu is flash but there is much more to it, so I am thinking it's possible that sites like these, netflix, may not work even when flash is installed... No one will know till its tried, but thats my educated guess...

As for flash.. get going ROM developers, we need this before them! Ha.
Netflix is on the ipad, I don't see why it couldn't be on an android phone.

JRogers1978

Reaction score

Did I miss something? I thought we were getting Flash in June/July? Did they push it back?

Kias

Reaction score
Re: Flash arrives with Froyo.

I do believe netflix is now using silverlight, at least it does on my computer. If the flash lets me run doorcracker.com, I'll be a happy camper!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droids

Reaction score
It means Froyo will have support for Flash, does not mean Flash will be there at the same time.

I did like the last quote of the article.

At the end of the hourlong chat, I joked with Mr. Rubin that his press relations colleague, who was in the room, wanted to confess that he had left a prototype Android phone at a local bar.
“I’d be happy if that happened and someone wrote about it,” Mr. Rubin said. “With openness comes less secrets.”

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If we need Froyo to get support for Flash it implies that we won't get flash until Froyo - correct?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
good news indeed... but nobody knows when our devices will get 2.2...