It's Here!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will be my next phone. I'm due for upgrade in September.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The locked bootloader is what really upsets me.. otherwise verizon would already have my money for an upgrade phone.
I don't plan on upgrading either, I am going to wait and see what the fourth quarter brings...still the D2 is a worthy successor. As far as the locked bootloader birdman has been able to load an alternate recovery on the DX which brings it one step closer to flashing custom ROMs, if it's possible with the X then it's possible with the D2

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-roms/68923-birdman-boots-alternate-recovery-droidx.html

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The locked bootloader is what really upsets me.. otherwise verizon would already have my money for an upgrade phone.
I don't plan on upgrading either, I am going to wait and see what the fourth quarter brings...still the D2 is a worthy successor. As far as the locked bootloader birdman has been able to load an alternate recovery on the DX which brings it one step closer to flashing custom ROMs, if it's possible with the X then it's possible with the D2

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-roms/68923-birdman-boots-alternate-recovery-droidx.html
now thats encouraging. I would definetly Get the R2D2 droid if birdman could unlock the bootloader.

Droid2Chupacabra

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I placed my online order for the D2 at 6:15 this morning and I received an email from Verizon at 1:17 (all times eastern US) stating it shipped today!!!

I ordered at like 3am this morning and still have yet to receive a shipping confirmation. What gives??

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I placed my online order for the D2 at 6:15 this morning and I received an email from Verizon at 1:17 (all times eastern US) stating it shipped today!!!

I ordered at like 3am this morning and still have yet to receive a shipping confirmation. What gives??
Lol, maybe their like... no... he cant have it. im not sending him a confirmation lol.

Droid2Chupacabra

Reaction score
Hi all,

Lol, maybe their like... no... he cant have it. im not sending him a confirmation lol.

Could be....I ordered the Incredible originally but the back order took so long I told them to keep it. This could be Big Red's way of getting me back!

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Could be....I ordered the Incredible originally but the back order took so long I told them to keep it. This could be Big Red's way of getting me back!

lol, wouldnt it be funny if they actually had a list of people like that. "the hated" list.

jstyer01

Reaction score

lol, wouldnt it be funny if they actually had a list of people like that. "the hated" list.

I would like to make a comment about Verizon, but I'm afraid they will stop my shipment. I don't want to be added to the Hated list. lol

Droid2Chupacabra

Reaction score

It would only be funny if I were not on said list.

Update: 4:01pm, I got my shipment confirmation...about twenty minutes after I sent an email inquiring about the ship date. Coincidence? I think not. Let this be a lesson to everyone, "Closed mouths don't get fed."

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

It would only be funny if I were not on said list.

Update: 4:01pm, I got my shipment confirmation...about twenty minutes after I sent an email inquiring about the ship date. Coincidence? I think not. Let this be a lesson to everyone, "Closed mouths don't get fed."
Thats an amazing quote. Im going to steal it.... :)

JWaters283

Reaction score
If you pre-ordered it before 4:30 pm you should get it on the release day (8/12/10). Mine is already en route and has a delivery time for tomorrow morning. This is also my first Droid and an upgrade from a BlackBerry Storm 1.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
If you pre-ordered it before 4:30 pm you should get it on the release day (8/12/10). Mine is already en route and has a delivery time for tomorrow morning. This is also my first Droid and an upgrade from a BlackBerry Storm 1.

Same here, this is my first Droid and also upgrading from the storm 1.. as a matter of fact I bet many storm 1 users are doing that same thing, many of the NE2 are comming up from when the storm first came out.. I got my storm same way.. on opening night. I'll have my D2 friday before 7pm, I could have had it tomorrow but I work and don't want to miss fedex.

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
The upgrade in memory and CPU speed is not the whole story, GPU memory speeds and I think a CPU clock speed increase as well.

My friend has a Droid 1 and I have a Droid X

His Droid with 2.1 overclocked to 1Ghz did much worse than my DX on the Quadrant score, only after he upped his clock to 2.2 and upgraded to 2.2 was he able to beat my quadrant score. When my DX gets 2.2 it should blow it out of the water.

So not only is the droid 2 much faster than an overclocked Droid 1 already, but with the 45nm chips in the droid 2 it should be able to overclock as well once completely rooted.