ITS HERE! Otterbox!

Reaction score
EDIT: I didn't mean to hit submit. but since I posted....ill check if my otterbox has shipped.

EDIT: woww....if there's a moderator, can you please delete my previous post?

EDIT: I just called them, it will arrive early next week.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Definitely disappointed with the otterbox, its bulky/oversized, feels cheap, covers all the buttons on the phone with its own, and the piece that clips over the front of the phone feels fragile and not snapped into place, when you push on it, it clicks against the back half of the case making an annoying sound. The top row of the hardware keyboard is still accessible but there's still some obstruction. Not the case for me, sending it back.

Reaction score
I agree with captain of the world. Im very disappointed with this case. Probably going to return it

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Definitely disappointed with the otterbox, its bulky/oversized, feels cheap, covers all the buttons on the phone with its own, and the piece that clips over the front of the phone feels fragile and not snapped into place, when you push on it, it clicks against the back half of the case making an annoying sound. The top row of the hardware keyboard is still accessible but there's still some obstruction. Not the case for me, sending it back.

all i needed to know about it thank for letting everyone know

Khyren

Reaction score
I emailed customer support with a way to make a defender case for these and they said that they couldn't pass it on because of the volume of requests. Ah well, might have to learn how to do solidworks and have the local cnc shop make me one out of billet aluminum.

Reaction score
I emailed customer support with a way to make a defender case for these and they said that they couldn't pass it on because of the volume of requests. Ah well, might have to learn how to do solidworks and have the local cnc shop make me one out of billet aluminum.

You know... It never occurred to me that I have full access to a machine shop with CNC mills/lathes and a waterjet... If I can actually get one made, I can probably produce some for forum members. Will update as I find out more.

Reaction score

You know... It never occurred to me that I have full access to a machine shop with CNC mills/lathes and a waterjet... If I can actually get one made, I can probably produce some for forum members. Will update as I find out more.

I see we have people with resources here.

OP
Montecarlo97z

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
ya im sending mine back too, i hate how flimsy it is. it doesnt fit very well and the top part needs clips on both sides

Reaction score

I see we have people with resources here.

Just lucky enough to have a grandfather who likes DIY projects and happens to own a company which includes many CNC machines. He's made himself some nifty junk, like a six foot blow gun out of billet aluminum haha. I'm gonna post a thread and see if anyone can get me a solidworks file for a case for the D2G, and I bet I can get one made. If it works out, I can produce them and ship them out for the cost of materials and labor.

arrjaytea

Reaction score
From the review thread in the appropriate forum:

The front plate feeling flimsy; true but for a good reason. That side of the plate cannot be clipped to the phone. It would interfere with the keyboard, and Otterbox did a great job of designing a beveled edge to the case to allow full access to the top row of the qwerty keyboard. This is the main complaint of most cases, and Otterbox addressed it. The flimsiness is a byproduct of that design, and in my opinion, the lesser of two evils. I have found I do not experience the flimsiness in my normal phone use, and have manipulate the case in an unnatural way to do so, but time will be the true test to see if that changes.

For now I'm more than happy with this case, exactly what I expected/wanted.

I'm going to echo these sentiments. The so called "flimsiness" I've seen as the major complaint seems absurd to me - it feels every bit as sturdy as my previous case (Innocase), and in order for me to get it to feel weak, I also need to "manipulate the case in an unnatural way."

Solid access to the keyboard, love the covered ports and buttons, and in general it just feels solid to me.

My biggest complaint is it's just slightly too bulky to fit into my car dock, however I've also now remedied this:

Cradle Holder - Universal Finger Grip for Cell Phone - RAM Mount (U)

In any event, I respect everyone's right to their own opinion being based on what they expect/want to get out of the case - so hey, it might not be for everyone. For me, I'm quite pleased, and would recommend to others.

Also, I failed miserably at applying the screen protector. Otterbox offered to send me a three pack of replacements for free. Just throwing that out there.

Short Version: I like it. Prefer it to Innocase.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've seen one "likes" for every five "dislikes." I'll pass on this one.