Its getting hot...in my Droid's CPU!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by `Nacho, Dec 23, 2010.

1. `Nacho

`Nacho New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just flashed BB 0.6.1 with full wipe and backup like suggested...started the phone up after flash and everything works correctly...only problem is that SetCPU is reading my CPU temp at 138.4 degrees Ferenheight! I feel like this is not good...so anyone have any advice? I have no added kernals installed besides the one that pete loaded with 0.6.1.

This also may be a stupid question...but how do I customize the apps that show in the bottom part of the home screen? >.<

2. Slagg3r

Slagg3r New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you can not customize those, best best is to install launcher pro or something like that ...

As for it running hot most roms run hot when they are first installed , ( your messing with it changing settings , downloading apps ) Simply because its being worked so hard . after a few hours if it hasnt got better try downloading one of slahyers kernals since they allow compcache .. i would start with an 800 Mhz and go up or stay where it is depending on Temp.

Also look in the rom tools and change it from interactive to ondemand that may help .

3. skilaufen

skilaufen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine initially was hotter than usual when I first loaded everything up but now it is running cool and fast with no problems.

4. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Spaghetti kernels always run hot on MY phone. If you don't mind losing compcache (something I never use as it's never done more good than harm to me) you can try cooler running kernels. Personally I use the latest JDLFG ones but YMMV

Search tags for this page

cpu getting hot android