Its finally here .... its finally been done. Come and get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
This makes me so happy!! :D People, please install and give feedback! I just started running ZombieStomped GB and I love it, so please report back on battery life and more bugs. The camera is THAT big of a deal for me, I don't use it that much. Now if I backup my current ROM and then flash CM7, could I just restore that backup? Or will I have to update first since this is running off the .34 or whatever?

No, you cannot simply backup and restore your current ROM. Wrong kernel. You'd have to go through the sbf to Froyo and then update to Gingerbread.

squeak

Reaction score
I am still on the 2.2 leak from almost a year ago. Its kernalversion is 2.6.32.9 can I flash this from here or do I need to sbf. Thanks to every one who worked on this.

dshoe

Reaction score
I'm seeing more and more bugs with GPS and FCs so I think I'm gonna wait just a bit longer until the next release.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Very cool! The android community never ceases to amaze me with it's talent and giftedness.

dshoe

Reaction score
So when I got to the phone activation, it wouldn't give me a dialer pad (therefor I can't press 1 to activate my phone). :C I talked myself into this and now I cant activate it.

BOA

Reaction score
Still watching to see the bugs worked out. Good stuff though and congrats.

BOA

Reaction score
So maybe a stupid question but is there any Blur on this build?

aayoo

Reaction score
There's a mdw version that allows you to flash in recovery from gingerbread(.596) or any of the gingerbread leaks for those who do not wish to sbf back to froyo. Links can be found at droid-life.com

BOA

Reaction score
There's a mdw version that allows you to flash in recovery from gingerbread(.596) or any of the gingerbread leaks for those who do not wish to sbf back to froyo. Links can be found at droid-life.com

Just read that. And you can restore back from backup or you have to SBF to go back?

dshoe

Reaction score

Just read that. And you can restore back from backup or you have to SBF to go back?

I dont think restoring works. I tried updating to .595 and then restoring and I got a bootloop that would shut off after a few seconds. I didn't try restoring straight from CM7 so I may be wrong.

aayoo

Reaction score

I dont think restoring works. I tried updating to .595 and then restoring and I got a bootloop that would shut off after a few seconds. I didn't try restoring straight from CM7 so I may be wrong.
Doubt it since CM7 uses the froyo 2.6.32 kernel and gingerbread is 2.6.35. I haven't tried yet to confirm. Trial and error is the only solution, but its always best to do a backup regardless so that you can restore after a .340 sbf and p3 rooted .596 flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.