Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Glad to hear you got it worked out and a new one on the way! :) We have an amazing Verizon store here where I live. They have a rep that stands at the front door with a tablet in hand ready to greet you and put you on the list to be helped next. The majority of the reps there are pretty knowledgable and very friendly, doing whatever they can to help you. I rarely purchase my phones or accessories in store since I get what I want cheaper through Verizons website, Amazon, etc (at least I have in the past) but I do go in often to see & test drive the latest and greatest hardware or if I have a question regarding my bill. Very impressed with this store compared to others I've visited in other cities over the years.

GSdub510

Reaction score
Wow Verizon...that's bad! I can't complain though i went 3 times in 10 days, on my third Maxx and they were never hesitant to replace the defective ones. Even the girl that helped me the first time saw me the other two times and was freindly and welcoming

GSdub510

Reaction score
cr6 said:
Glad to hear you got it worked out and a new one on the way! :) We have an amazing Verizon store here where I live. They have a rep that stands at the front door with a tablet in hand ready to greet you and put you on the list to be helped next. The majority of the reps there are pretty knowledgable and very friendly, doing whatever they can to help you. I rarely purchase my phones or accessories in store since I get what I want cheaper through Verizons website, Amazon, etc (at least I have in the past) but I do go in often to see & test drive the latest and greatest hardware or if I have a question regarding my bill. Very impressed with this store compared to others I've visited in other cities over the years.

Right on the money, they got that funny strap too that attaches them to the tablet lol

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
I worked for one of the main call centers for vzw a few years back. I heard all the horror stories about crappy vzw store service and had a few crappy run ins myself. I have also seen stores mess up an account by flip flopping main lines and secondaries. Not adding the correct codes for family share plans and so fourth. I REFUSE to go to a store unless its to buy an accessory.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I will say that the VZ corp store I deal with has been good the few times I had to go in there. But I never went in there with a problem, only to buy some accessories.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Its the first time I have ever had to complain about any company. I hate that it was a company I depend on so heavily.

Don't feel bad it's one of the major ways companies improve their service. My boss reads surveys to us every morning. If there was a problem in my area I'm expected to make it right, like now!

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Excellent point Johnny. Complain when warranted but in a respectful way and 9 out of 10 times you'll get great results by doing so. Most companies do want to make the customer happy, it's usually the employee that's "low man on the totem pole" who don't know any better, or are just too lazy to help when you have a problem, or are initially trying to resolve an issue. Plus many companies DO listen & take legitimate complaints serious. I know our company does.

**tap'n**

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
cr6 said:

I think you go to the same Verizon store I go to! It is the best and they always go above & beyond. And one thing I think we sometimes forget is to also let them know when they do good. Every time I get impressive service, whether on the phone or at the store, I always ask to speak to their supervisor to make sure they get their deserved attention for their excellent service. It makes their day and the supervisor always appreciates hearing the positive because usually they only hear the negative. So don't forget to let them know when they do great... especially when they spend so much of their time managing a hundred different people many with difficult personalities.

Also, in the stores, when you compliment them, they always give you this easy form to fill out from home on the puter or your phone. Their forms work both ways, positive or negative feedback (although I doubt the store will volunteer the form when it is negative... you would probably have to ask for it). But, I think the fact that these forms are important to the stores is a testament that customer service is important to verizon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

hominid

Reaction score
The front bezel (I think its called) is lifting away from the phone, on the top left corner...

One of my minor nitpicks about my Maxx is that the gap between the bezel and the phone is slightly larger at the top left corner. It's only noticeable when viewed head on, i.e., looking at the end of the phone where the headphone jack and usb and hdmi ports are, with the screen side up.

I guess I'm lucky regarding the local VZW store here. The people there are knowledgeable and friendly.

niteperson

Reaction score
While my bezel isn't pulling away, my Maxx appears to be slightly warped. Putting it on a flat surface, the lower right corner is about 1/8" off the surface. The other three corners are touching. Nothing seems to be separating and the screen is fine, but it I can't help but think it's not supposed to be like that. I've tried different surfaces to make sure it isn't a fluke and, sure enough, it's not. I'm hesitant to return it because they might give me a refurb.

altjx

Reaction score
Oh man. I got sent on that road trip too "because I bought mine at an authorized retailer VZW store." That pissed me OFF because the corporate VZW store was 2 minutes from my job but instead, they sent me 30+ minutes in hot traffic to the other store. I know there's certain things I don't know about, but I've always thought a VZW store was simply a VZW store. I never thought I'd be limited on my VZW store selection for phone issues.

I'm glad you got your issue resolved and great job reporting. I know when Verizon does interviews out here, they are damn sure looking for a perfectionist. Must have been some store manager friends up in your store, lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.