Its falling apart :(

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
The front bezel (I think its called) is lifting away from the phone, on the top left corner. I call 611 only to be told unless they can see it I have to PAY for another one until the broken one is returned and inspected. If they dont see the problem I will be charged for the replacement. I tell them thanks but no thanks and head to the local IPT store and have them look at it (just to make sure I'm not seeing things..lol) She sees it and compares it to HER maxx, yep mine is coming apart. Unfortunately they cant help me because I didnt buy it there.

So I hit the road to drive the 40 mile trek one way to a corp store. When I get there I notice 5 of the employees standing at the end of the counter comparing text messages they have received. I stand there for a minute and finally one of them realizes I'm there and asks if he can help. I explain and show him my phone, he takes it to the back and and a minute later comes out saying my phone looks like the 12 he has in the back. I looked at him and asked him how he managed to open and look at 12 brand new phones in such a short amount of time..he has no answer. I ask to see one of the 12 so I can compare it and ease my mind. He refuses and says that he will be more then happy to bring one out if I am planing on buying it. grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

At this point I was ready to grab his purple bow tie and iphone and shove it down his throat! (yeah I do have a temper) Instead I nicely told him I would call 611 and and ask to file a report for the horrible service I got at this store.

I went out into the parking lot and called. They asked me to go back to the IPT store and have the woman I spoke to call and confirm what I was telling them. She gladly helped me! A report on the store has been filed and I will be getting a brand new maxx tomorrow!

So how has everyone else's day been? lol

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah good ol' VZW corporate stores. I avoid them like the plague! I normally keep calling VZW until I find a helpful representative.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Good job on reporting the bad service. I work in the service field, and every six months or so we get employees from corporate that pose as customers. Believe you me they report anything not done or incomplete. One of my coworkers got his @$$ chewed for not using their name, although he fixed their problem! Keep'em honest!

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Secret shoppers, I did that in the past, both my wife and I. Bad customer service is just bad. If the phone is coming apart at the seams, it's obviously deserving of a look and if there is no evidence of abuse it should be replaced under warranty. Now, if you had dropped it on that corner and then submitted it for warranty (which I know you did't do - but for the benefit of others), that would be wrong.

I'm glad the phone center store was real about it! :biggrin:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your misfortune! I'm glad it worked out though!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
When dealing with a situation like that always go to the head not the feet and avoid dealing with the a$$hole in the middle.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm actually surprised that's the situation, usually at the corp stores I'm treated well. At least you got a new maxx lol, #winning

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Caesars said:
I'm actually surprised that's the situation, usually at the corp stores I'm treated well. At least you got a new maxx lol, #winning

Remember she was helped by an Apple head. He probably felt that it was beneath him to assist someone who didn't have a iPhone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
When dealing with a situation like that always go to the head not the feet and avoid dealing with the a$$hole in the middle.

Grandpa?? Lol sorry, that's something my grandpa used to tell me. It was true then, its even truer now :cool:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
mysticalmalissa

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Good job on reporting the bad service. I work in the service field, and every six months or so we get employees from corporate that pose as customers. Believe you me they report anything not done or incomplete. One of my coworkers got his @$$ chewed for not using their name, although he fixed their problem! Keep'em honest!

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

Its the first time I have ever had to complain about any company. I hate that it was a company I depend on so heavily.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Glad you got it taken care of without having to hurt someone :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!