It's coming: The Motorola Olympus!

beargold23

Reaction score
I'll be taking a hard look at this phone also but I think I can be patient enough to wait for root and give CM at least a month with it before I make a decision. Also maybe by then a similiar device with a usable hardware keyboard will be on the horizon. My 2 cents...

Im hoping for some news on something like this "physical keyboard" 4" screen...Please come soon lold dancedroid

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Is this phone expected to be better than the new HTC device coming out in November??
Dual core Tegra 2 @ 1GHZ, LTE, 4" improved screen, front facing camera.....No comparison. Make the Incredible HD look like child's play : )

Sent from my Droid

missrachel

Reaction score
Is this phone expected to be better than the new HTC device coming out in November??
Dual core Tegra 2 @ 1GHZ, LTE, 4" improved screen, front facing camera.....No comparison. Make the Incredible HD look like child's play : )

Sent from my Droid

Psh. DI HD > Olympus. ;)

^^^ I think this subject should get its own thread. LOL.. I'd like to see all the known specs on both!!! Including software and processor speed!!! ;)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
This will most likely be my phone the day it drops. I've been 100% sold on getting an LTE phone for months.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Ha I want it but I'm not buying anything till it gets rooted first. I learned my lesson with the Eris. I mean full root. All up in that kernel and s***.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.......

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Good point. While AT&T has it first, they can gain root access, then when we get it on VZW we won't have to wait :)

I like you're thinking CK.

Is AT&T going to be using the same LTE technology as VZW for their 4G network, though? If not, the devices will be as different as the Milestone was from the DROID. And look how different those devices are as far as the modding scene. IIRC, they both used entirely different exploits to attain root; and the Milestone's bootloader is much more like the DROID 2's than the DROID's.

My understanding of the two different 4g technologies are this:

LTE is the 4g "version" of GSM, if you could call it that, while WiMAX would be the 4g "version" of CDMA, so it appears Verizon is shifting to a different technology for 4g, which I'm ok with (especially if it makes it easier to take my phone worldwide), as long as it still runs on the 3g/2g CDMA networks. If WiMAX is any indication, 4g drains battery life like no tomorrow.