It's coming: The Motorola Olympus!

wingdo

Reaction score
This looks to be my next device for sure. Motorola, Tegra 2, Dual core, LTE, 4" Screen whats to think about : )

CK, you and I have always been on the same page about the 4" screen being the sweet spot. It's killing me but I am holding out for this one.

As far as what's to think about ...... locked bootloader??? I've really grown to appreciate CM. Granted I can probably do 95% of what I want with root and some paid apps but still ............

Darkseider

Reaction score
ooh Goodie! I will get in on VZW as an early B-Day present! WOOT! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

This may very well be the Droid I have been waiting for!

Darkseider

Reaction score
This looks to be my next device for sure. Motorola, Tegra 2, Dual core, LTE, 4" Screen whats to think about : )

CK, you and I have always been on the same page about the 4" screen being the sweet spot. It's killing me but I am holding out for this one.

As far as what's to think about ...... locked bootloader??? I've really grown to appreciate CM. Granted I can probably do 95% of what I want with root and some paid apps but still ............

As much as I agree with you and hate locked bootloaders if the devs can pull off root as well as the same/similar magic that they have with the DX and D2 as far as ROMs and now O/C'ing I will be happy. REALLY REALLY happy. I just want me a Cortex A9 phone!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
4" screen is the sweet spot. 4.3" is a lil big IMO and the 3.7" looks miniature next to the 4.3".

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
This sucks... Why is Motorola gonna jump ship and release their superphone on AT&T first
Because it's going to be an LTE device on VZW is why : )

Hang tight we'll get it and it will be worth the wait.

This. I believe it probably WOULD have come to VZW first if LTE was already widespread. The good news here is that if there are any issues with the initial AT&T launch device; hopefully they will be ironed out in the VZW version. At this point, it would make little sense to release it on VZW as a EV-DO Rev. A device.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

yeah locked bootloader is something I'm willing to sacrifice at this point. It's a tough call no doubt but at some point I knew there would come a defining moment bootloader/great device? bootloader/great device?

I think the GREAT device has FINALLY come

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

yeah locked bootloader is something I'm willing to sacrifice at this point. It's a tough call no doubt but at some point I knew there would come a defining moment bootloader/great device? bootloader/great device?

I think the GREAT device has FINALLY come
Locked bootloader I can live with.. but I will not cave on bloatware... I must be able to remove it.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
lol at Darkseider and his Cortex A9 phone..It's finally going to be here bro hahahahaha what a year huh?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Locked bootloader I can live with.. but I will not cave on bloatware... I must be able to remove it.
My name is CK and I support this message : )

It will eventually get rooted and think about this. AT&T will beta for us : )

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My name is CK and I support this message : )

It will eventually get rooted and think about this. AT&T will beta for us : )
Good point. While AT&T has it first, they can gain root access, then when we get it on VZW we won't have to wait :)

I like you're thinking CK.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good point. While AT&T has it first, they can gain root access, then when we get it on VZW we won't have to wait :)

Is AT&T going to be using the same LTE technology as VZW for their 4G network, though? If not, the devices will be as different as the Milestone was from the DROID. And look how different those devices are as far as the modding scene. IIRC, they both used entirely different exploits to attain root; and the Milestone's bootloader is much more like the DROID 2's than the DROID's.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Is AT&T going to be using the same LTE technology as VZW for their 4G network, though? If not, the devices will be as different as the Milestone was from the DROID. And look how different those devices are as far as the modding scene. IIRC, they both used entirely different exploits to attain root; and the Milestone's bootloader is much more like the DROID 2's than the DROID's.
We're hypothesizing and dreaming in this thread... your sound logic and reason is not welcomed :p

wingdo

Reaction score

In the end, this too is my opinion. It should be rooted by the time VZW gets it (unless VZW changes something), and that's good enough for me.

forkup

Reaction score
I'll be taking a hard look at this phone also but I think I can be patient enough to wait for root and give CM at least a month with it before I make a decision. Also maybe by then a similiar device with a usable hardware keyboard will be on the horizon. My 2 cents...