It's coming: The Motorola Olympus!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was glad to see the Galaxy S line on all 4 carriers, and I'm glad to see more high end Android phones on other carriers.

It only strengthens Android that much more for more carriers to have good, high end Android phones. Now hopefully AT&T wont try to gimp it....

Since I'm on Verizon of course I woulda wanted it to be here first, but as long as it comes at all, its all good.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
What do they mean by 4" tablet style Android device? Did they throw in the word "tablet" because of the screen size? Does that make my Droid X a "tablet style" device? Not that it matters, but I'm curious why they chose that word if that language came from a press release.

Tablet-style as opposed to flip, clamshell, slider, etc. I'm guessing that's the coined term for a phone that is all screen (minimal buttons), and has no sliding / folding parts. So that would make the iPhone and incredible also "tablet-style". Not sure what a blackberry-style with the exposed keyboard is called.

creaky

Reaction score
It's releasing on AT&T first because the VZW version is an LTE global device.

Any idea when this bad boy might drop on VZW? I'm guessing not before Q1 2011 but any more info? I have an upgrade on 12/4 and I am dying!

Thank you CK for the info!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll wait for LTE because I can't justify to myself buying a phone at this point in time not LTE capable...

mtavenger55

Reaction score
Man I can't stand AT&T, their service is horrible. Everytime I call my friends that have AT&T 2 out of 3 times I call them their call gets dropped. I think since AT&T has iPhone Verizon should get this first. I really don't want to wait until Q1 to get this so it looks like I have to hope that the HTC Incredible HD comes out when predicted next month.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
updated OP with more rumor

"several tipsters have said it looks like a smaller version of the Droid X with the addition of a front-facing camera" "it will be powered by NVIDIA dual-core 1 GHz Tegra 2"

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Yeah my upgrade is in 2011. This might be my upgrade. Like someone else mentioned, next phone will be lte. So hopefully LTE gets rolled out at a decent pace.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
so with all the newest info coming in it's probably a pretty safe bet to say the screen will be 4". Which is the sweet spot in my opinion. Not too big and not too small. Just my personal thoughts.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn! AT&T such lousy service! What is the smartphone world coming to?????????

AT&T is actually amazing in my area. Its just as good as Verizon and their 3G speeds are just as fast too. I left AT&T for a DroidX simply because AT&T has no good Android phones. Frankly, I'm glad I switched. With so many iPhones on AT&T, the Android community is a lot smaller. With the majority of Android phones on Verizon, the community is WAY bigger and I think stuff will continue to happen on the Verizon Android phones much faster than AT&T phones.

Along with the much reduced data plans on AT&T, I think the phone may not do nearly as well as it will on Verizon when it gets here.

Your experience is very different from mine. When I switched to AT&T to get an iPhone I dropped more calls in seven months than I had the previous eight years with VZW.

Even in Charlotte NC where their 3G is reported to be "excellent", I could not keep calls. The final event for me was sitting in Beaver Stadium (State College PA with "excellent" 3G) with all bars lit. I could not make a call, send or receive email or text. Yet the folks around me that had VZW were able. Even after I left the stadium the network was to overloaded to do anything.

I've never had that bad of service with VZW in my travels.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
YES!!! Finally news about the beast, just sucks it's going to ATT fist. I'm ready to buy a new phone NOW lol! When's LTE coming again? So is Q1 next year a good estimate?

BigMace23

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to this phone... LTE, 4 inch screen, front facing camera, fast processor = all the things I am looking for in my next phone. Hopefully it won't be locked down, but with those specs and just a simple root for things like free tethering... idk if id really even care.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
YES!!! Finally news about the beast, just sucks it's going to ATT fist. I'm ready to buy a new phone NOW lol! When's LTE coming again? So is Q1 next year a good estimate?
The million dollar question : ) I'm honestly not sure and don't even have a good rumor to spread lol.

Good to see you hanging in there Jon and waiting! I'm right here with you LOL.

This looks to be my next device for sure. Motorola, Tegra 2, Dual core, LTE, 4" Screen whats to think about : )