1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Its been a while but...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sir2545, Mar 28, 2010.

1. sir2545

sir2545 New Member

I'm currently running an old version of Bugless Beast 0.7.5 and I'm wondering if I need to revert back to stock to get the 2.1 update OTA or does anyone have a virgin copy of it to install via nandroid or update.zip method like the 2.0.1 update? I was trying to figure out what the best ROMs are now, and got lost reading all the info. You really have to stay on top of this site...
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

You will need to go back to stock basically to get the OTA. SPRecovery blocks root, and a lot of the ROMs do as well. Technically you can be rooted and still receive the OTA, but the OTA will break root once it comes. Keep in mind once the OTA comes out, it will have to be re-rooted, it could be a while before that happens.

The OTA isn't out yet, which I think you are assuming it is. You can flash a "virgin" ESE53 sbf http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/30840-baseband-flash-noobs.html But you do run a slight risk of truly bricking your phone in doing that, since RSDLite is a terrible terrible piece of coding. Most ROMs out there now are running ESE53 2.1, which is supposed to be pretty much the exact update the Droid will be seeing in the OTA.

There is no best ROM, what may be my preference, the next person may not like as well as another one. Really you can't go wrong with any of the big ROM makers out there. Chevy's Simply Stunning, AdamZ's Smoked Glass, Blackdroid's Ultimate Droid, Pete's Bugless Beast, Koush's Cyanogenmod, and many others. Each have a their fans. Try one, try them all. :) Oh before you try one, make sure you read the instructions. Going from 2.01 to 2.1 you probably will need to wipe data and cache and there sometimes is other random steps that are thrown in there.

This modding community moves pretty quick, I was away from it for a couple days and was lost when I came back.
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Download droidmod's dmupdater if you want to g to back to stock. It's fairly quick and very easy. You WILL need to boot into recovery and wipe data/factory reset after it does its thing, but I've done it myself twice with no issues once I figured out I needed to wipe data myself.