It's almost perfect…however….

stanwelks

Reaction score
I liked my Droid a lot though I never liked the way it felt in my hand, I hated the keyboard, and I did notice some lag. I absolutely love the way the Incredible feels in my hand, it is light, I like the onscreen keyboard, Sense fixes a lot of issues with stock Android, and it is fast! However, there are some things about it I can see improved. I tried emailing HTC customer support for an address for suggestions regarding changes to Sense, though I have not heard back. Anyone know where to send suggestions?

My list of what can be improved

1. Video could be shot at 720
2. battery life could be better
3. Sense email does not allow you to assign custom notification sounds each time an email arrives. Standard Android email allows you to do this. Why would they take this away???
4. Using Exchange email requires me to have a pin code to unlock my home screen. This gets real annoying when streaming music to it in the car and I want to change songs. I downloaded an app to resolve this, though it should not be forced on us like this by default through Sense email.
5. My Droid displayed the percentage of my battery that was charged when it was plugged in. The Incredible does not do this. A minor thing, though it was nice. I downloaded some app.

This is my whole list after using it for 5-days. Nothing that I consider major. What about you?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No hands free voice dialing.

No Android phone has that.

For the OP I just wonder, have you had a smart phone prior to this? The reason I ask is smart phones are not computers and many people who haven't had them seem to think they should behave like one. I know you weren't complaining, just listing things.

Experience with other smart phones has shown me that at least with the Droid, I don't have the Incredible, it's pretty darn good. I can't complain.

Reaction score
4. Using Exchange email requires me to have a pin code to unlock my home screen. This gets real annoying when streaming music to it in the car and I want to change songs. I downloaded an app to resolve this, though it should not be forced on us like this by default through Sense email.

I use exchange and I dont have to set a pin code. sounds strange. sure its not an app you downloaded.

ExactDroid

Reaction score

I use exchange and I dont have to set a pin code. sounds strange. sure its not an app you downloaded.

Me either......

OP
S

stanwelks

Reaction score
yup, the Droid. 2 of the things I mentioned were available on the droid and are not available through Sense.

No hands free voice dialing.

No Android phone has that.

For the OP I just wonder, have you had a smart phone prior to this? The reason I ask is smart phones are not computers and many people who haven't had them seem to think they should behave like one. I know you weren't complaining, just listing things.

Experience with other smart phones has shown me that at least with the Droid, I don't have the Incredible, it's pretty darn good. I can't complain.

OP
S

stanwelks

Reaction score
It made me do it during setup of the account. Perhaps it makes you do it based on if exchange requires SSL or whatever it is?

giantcrazy

Reaction score
It made me do it during setup of the account. Perhaps it makes you do it based on if exchange requires SSL or whatever it is?

That's because the Exchange server is forcing it as part of its security profile. It works the same way on Windows Mobile - if you have Exchange mail in push configuration and there's no PIN on the device, it tells you up front that you have to select a PIN in order to complete the sync. Nothing to do with Android or Sense.

BzB

Reaction score

That's because the Exchange server is forcing it as part of its security profile. It works the same way on Windows Mobile - if you have Exchange mail in push configuration and there's no PIN on the device, it tells you up front that you have to select a PIN in order to complete the sync. Nothing to do with Android or Sense.

just to add to this, the exchange server requires it because it was set up that way by your IT department. probably a required security policy setting.

some configurations let you setup push (activesync) without a pin. i don't require one for mine.

itzkr0me

Reaction score
activesync works for my incredible w/o the pin. And I'm in the IT department ;)

R24D24

Reaction score
I liked my Droid a lot though I never liked the way it felt in my hand, I hated the keyboard, and I did notice some lag. I absolutely love the way the Incredible feels in my hand, it is light, I like the onscreen keyboard, Sense fixes a lot of issues with stock Android, and it is fast! However, there are some things about it I can see improved. I tried emailing HTC customer support for an address for suggestions regarding changes to Sense, though I have not heard back. Anyone know where to send suggestions?

My list of what can be improved

1. Video could be shot at 720
2. battery life could be better
3. Sense email does not allow you to assign custom notification sounds each time an email arrives. Standard Android email allows you to do this. Why would they take this away???
5. My Droid displayed the percentage of my battery that was charged when it was plugged in. The Incredible does not do this. A minor thing, though it was nice. I downloaded some app.

This is my whole list after using it for 5-days. Nothing that I consider major. What about you?

I may not understand what you are saying perhaps, but my Inc shows me the battery percentage exactly how my moto does when charging.

pmas

Reaction score
I have custom notifications for my email. I have 2 accounts in addition to a gmail account. All 3 have different notification sounds. Just go to one of your accounts, email settings and set the one you want for that particular email account. Then go to the next and so on.

matt30

Reaction score
I've noticed some glitches in the software after having the phone for a couple weeks.

1) A contact's name doesn't stay saved after changing it from the phone name to a facebook name.
2) You cant upload pictures greater than 3mb to picasa over 3g
3) Emailing pictures using the sense interface through google causes it to hang and not connect.
4) There is text over images when you zoom in to look at pictures on google images using the browser.
5) The end call button will get pressed if the screen accidentally touches your face while your holding it to your ear

kmo

Reaction score
Nothing's perfect, that's life. But this phone has a great user ease that I really like. Technology will always be improving the devices we use, so it won't be too long before we have more of what we want, PERFECTION haha....

OP
S

stanwelks

Reaction score
How are you doing this? I see the option to turn on notification sounds, though I do not see an option to change it to any other sounds than the default one.

I have custom notifications for my email. I have 2 accounts in addition to a gmail account. All 3 have different notification sounds. Just go to one of your accounts, email settings and set the one you want for that particular email account. Then go to the next and so on.