Its alive!!!!

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;_vmLFPAh9ZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vmLFPAh9ZQ]YouTube - RIC Android Robot - 003[/video]

The robot we have all come to know and love finally takes its first steps in Tokyo and the video made it to YouTube for us. Thats right, the green Android guy stunned everyone at Google's developer show at Tokyo by closing its mouth and taking a few steps for the camera.

The robot can walk, move its arms and mouth not to mention its controlled by any Android device. This was not made by Google sadly. It was produced by a Japanese company called RT and the video does not speak of any availability, because if you are like me... You gotta have it.

Does this sound awesome to you? How do you feel about this baby's first steps? Would you buy one? Reply in our thread.

Via: UrberGizmo

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
The android arm band ehhhh, and the position of the arm ehhhhhh. once it completely passes apple ins ales we will think about it

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
I would buy this is about .00000000000001 seconds if i knew how... It looks so cool and the fact that my phone controls it makes it better

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
I just noticed the arm band and position of the left arm... I hope that wasn't intentional

rcjames

Reaction score
Maybe this is the baby foot step of showing openness that anybody with the good knowledge could built this without google making any money out of it. From looking something like that I see symbol android operating system aka the future of openness (opensource software and os) . Lets pray for this and party for this. :icon_ banana: Let support this maybe sell kits of these and built. Theres already little rc helicopter controlled of a android phones. I say lets give this a support. Scale from 0-10 i pick 10 this is more then a simple stuff animal.

everstar80

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the android robot is one of alleged patent infringements that Microsoft is suing android for? And as person who is African- American, Native American, and Irish American, I didn't notice the pose of the robot until it was pointed out and I don't think it was intentional, besides it was presented by the Japanese.