itchin for a change, hows Chevys SS?

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
So this begs the question ...

Does ANYONE like the way the X is?? Or do they all want a D1 with a large screen? I could certainly create a ROM that was much more AOSP - just not sure why people are so interested in pretty much a D1 on a DX

the X is my first droid/ smartphone so I really didnt have much to compare it to but prior to purchase I was lookin around the forums and while getting educated I didnt think that the X was really a whole lot different than the D1, aside from a few hardware upgrades it wasnt a huuggee difference.

maybe people coming from the D1 had just gotton so used to it that modding the X a bit to somewhat operate like a D1 is just there preference?

this all just speculation :p

anyways ill be giving your ROM a shot here shortly :)

If it were up to me id say create a X specific ROM and make it unique in its own way (I kno thats a tad bit difficult due to the locked bootloader)...people love options, especially adroid users so load the ROM up with options options optioonss i guess kinda like chevy tools :)..i dont know if its possible but maybe make it easy within the ROM to edit text color, notification color, have an array of notificaton icons available for changing all by entering a "settings menu" to do so... but from seeing your first SSX ROM it looks like your well on your way to making some great ROMS.

Buddafucco

Reaction score

Does ANYONE like the way the X is?? Or do they all want a D1 with a large screen? I could certainly create a ROM that was much more AOSP - just not sure why people are so interested in pretty much a D1 on a DX

I like the DX screen (won't go back because of it) and no hard keyboard. Everything else was better on my D1. The DX overclocked speed is slightly better than an overclocked D1, Imo.

buckeyefreak

Reaction score

I am not a fan of all the bloat...I would like to see something cleaner, and less chunky...i realize this was the first try...and from what i had it was very nice, i vote aosp..by the way the theme was very cool..thanks!:)

godtuti

Reaction score

I think your rom is too blury. Aosp please

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

You guys know it is a matter of a couple of minutes through my tools to remove everything you don't like right??

I think the benefits of me including this stuff for the people that DO want it, outweigh those who only need a couple of minutes to remove it themselves.

I have been a dev for 20 years, and this is a pretty common approach.

However - if you feel that the 2 minutes of effort is too much - suggestions on speeding it up are welcome :)

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score

You guys know it is a matter of a couple of minutes through my tools to remove everything you don't like right??

I think the benefits of me including this stuff for the people that DO want it, outweigh those who only need a couple of minutes to remove it themselves.

However - if you feel that the 2 minutes of effort is too much - suggestions on speeding it up are welcome :)

lol chev im in agreement with you, having the options to choose which blur you want or dont want to me is much better, with as much time as everyones puts into the x, they can spend the extra 2 mins deciding what blur if any they want

jsnietka

Reaction score

Chevy, I'm a long time user of your D1 Rom's and they were always the best! I like the options to add or remove the stuff in the DX Rom and think it was a worthy first effort. My only problem with it is the exchange email support. I tried adding the D1 email client but it force closes on me. If you could get that fixed i'd be a happy camper!

Barkleyfan

Reaction score

Any chance of getting this up on Rom Manager br0? RM for the X is pretty anemic. And for the record, some of us DO like the blurry roms.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

So here's my thoughts...

This is a great v 1.0 rom! LOVE the theme and LOVE the tools! It's great having the option to use and lose some of the blur apps. However, the thing I'm totally not digging is that the rom is built on top of blur. I came from Rubix Focused 1.6 and I definitely miss the aosp (and other) speed improvements that tom brings. However, on that rom I missed a few blur apps.

Note in the above text, I refer to blur in two ways, and this is important. You can think of one being a blur-based system while the other simply are third-party apps with the word blur in their names. I don't think many people like the blur-based system but there are preferences all over on the blur apps.

So here's the thing: ideal would be in between the these two roms I mentioned. If you could have an AOSP-based rom that had SSX's look/feel and THEN have your tools app to add and remove the third-party blur apps, then you would be offering something truly unique that I think would make most people happy. Currently, most hacks to get blur apps into AOSP roms are painful and all over the board in how well they work. Having your tools with a checkbox-based installer would rock! Now there will be some work to be done on figuring out how to get some of the apps to work but I suspect the community can do the hard work for you while you polish the techniques and add them to your tools app. But having a good AOSP-based rom with optional blur apps is a huge gap in what current roms support but what people want!

AMelis

Reaction score
I need Exchange for work, but in an ideal situation the contacts/address book should be optional to be alphabetical by last name. This helps when one has over 1000 names...
Is this possible?

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Chevy,

p.s. Despite my lengthy post, please don't take this as discouragement. I've recently been rom-shopping and I must say that SSX has been one of my favorites. It's absolutely gorgeous! :)

luv2increase

Reaction score

I am going to have to 100% disagree with you here. If you removed all the blur apps from your ROM, it is still a blur ROM! It isn't the blur apps that SLOW DOWN the OS, it is the core Moto crap that bogs down the system. You leave all that in place. Maybe you haven't figured out how to get rid of it yet?

Go run Rubix and see what I'm talking about. Remove all the blur apps from your ROM that is physically possible, and it will still be MUCH slower than Rubix Focused.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk